Suspected Dagenham burglar escapes police custody
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for help in locating a suspected burglar who absconded from police custody this morning.
Mark Davis, 26, was taken into custody at Fresh Wharf, Barking, on Saturday, March 29.
While there, he claimed to be suffering from stomach pains and was taken to Newham General Hospital as a precaution.
When leaving the hospital he escaped his guard and police are now to trace him.
He was arrested in connection with a burglary in Dagenham on February 26, and is known to have links to the Basildon area.
You may also want to watch:
The public are asked not to approach him and to call 999 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 immediately.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 9 Sam Ling inspires Dagenham to Southend victory
- 10 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking