Suspected Dagenham burglar escapes police custody
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for help in locating a suspected burglar who absconded from police custody this morning.
Mark Davis, 26, was taken into custody at Fresh Wharf, Barking, on Saturday, March 29.
While there, he claimed to be suffering from stomach pains and was taken to Newham General Hospital as a precaution.
When leaving the hospital he escaped his guard and police are now to trace him.
He was arrested in connection with a burglary in Dagenham on February 26, and is known to have links to the Basildon area.
You may also want to watch:
The public are asked not to approach him and to call 999 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 immediately.
- 1 Hospital worker killed by ex-partner before he committed suicide, court hears
- 2 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 3 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 4 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 5 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 6 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 7 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 8 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 9 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 10 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip