Man in ‘serious but stable’ condition following football match attack in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A man is in a serious but stable condition after being attacked following a football match.
The 25-year old victim suffered injuries to his head and face before police found him at Sydney Russell School in Parsloes Avenue, Dagenham on Sunday afternoon (November 17).
A Met spokesman said: "Police were called at 12.16pm following reports of an assault after a football match.
"The man was taken by paramedics to an east London hospital where he remains in a serious but stable condition."
The suspect left before the police arrived and a crime scene remains in place.
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests but enquiries continue.
The spokesman said: "The football match was not directly connected to the school."
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 3 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 4 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 5 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 6 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 7 Timeline: Who was Stephen Port and when were his murders uncovered?
- 8 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 9 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 10 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed