Taxi driver parks in Barking station after ‘passenger threats’
- Credit: Archant
A taxi driver found an unusual place to park up after being reportedly threatened by his passenger - inside Barking station.
Pictures circulating on social media of the incident, which took place in the early hours of Monday morning, show the silver vehicle parked in front of the ticket barriers.
He appears to have driven straight into the station from Station Parade, using the entrance nearest the pubs.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: "At 12.20am on Monday, officers were called to Barking station after reports of a taxi being driven and parked on the station concourse.
"Upon arrival, it was reported that the driver of the taxi had been threatened by his passenger and, fearing for his safety, then drove his vehicle slowly into the station.
You may also want to watch:
"No arrests were made."
Barking station is set to undergo a multi-million pound revamp in the coming years, which includes a complete redesign of the concourse.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters