Taxi driver parks in Barking station after ‘passenger threats’
- Credit: Archant
A taxi driver found an unusual place to park up after being reportedly threatened by his passenger - inside Barking station.
Pictures circulating on social media of the incident, which took place in the early hours of Monday morning, show the silver vehicle parked in front of the ticket barriers.
He appears to have driven straight into the station from Station Parade, using the entrance nearest the pubs.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: "At 12.20am on Monday, officers were called to Barking station after reports of a taxi being driven and parked on the station concourse.
"Upon arrival, it was reported that the driver of the taxi had been threatened by his passenger and, fearing for his safety, then drove his vehicle slowly into the station.
You may also want to watch:
"No arrests were made."
Barking station is set to undergo a multi-million pound revamp in the coming years, which includes a complete redesign of the concourse.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 6 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
- 10 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people