Teenage boy and three men arrested on suspicion of murder after body of Dagenham man found on beach
- Credit: Archant
Three men and a teenage boy have been arrested on suspicion of murder in connection with the death of Dagenham man Gary Pocock.
The body of 34-year-old Mr Pocock was found badly beaten and half-naked on a beach in Kent on Wednesday morning, August 7.
A 44-year-old man and a 20-year-old man, both from Manor Park, Newham, together with a man, 20, from Benfleet, Essex, and a 15-year-old boy from the Isle of Sheppey, Kent, are in police custody.
The arrests, made by the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, come after a post mortem examination concluded Mr Pocock, of Lillechurch Road, Dagenham, died of significant head injuries.
Officers first discovered his body on the beach between Little Groves caravan site and the Isle of Sheppey Holiday Village.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses, or anyone with any information, should call 101 quoting CAD 07-0167 or call Kent Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 6 East London police officer charged with rape
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Dog walker recalls finding victims in churchyard
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 10 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.