Teenage boy and three men arrested on suspicion of murder after body of Dagenham man found on beach
- Credit: Archant
Three men and a teenage boy have been arrested on suspicion of murder in connection with the death of Dagenham man Gary Pocock.
The body of 34-year-old Mr Pocock was found badly beaten and half-naked on a beach in Kent on Wednesday morning, August 7.
A 44-year-old man and a 20-year-old man, both from Manor Park, Newham, together with a man, 20, from Benfleet, Essex, and a 15-year-old boy from the Isle of Sheppey, Kent, are in police custody.
The arrests, made by the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, come after a post mortem examination concluded Mr Pocock, of Lillechurch Road, Dagenham, died of significant head injuries.
Officers first discovered his body on the beach between Little Groves caravan site and the Isle of Sheppey Holiday Village.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses, or anyone with any information, should call 101 quoting CAD 07-0167 or call Kent Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 3 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
- 9 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer