Teenage boy and three men arrested on suspicion of murder after body of Dagenham man found on beach
- Credit: Archant
Three men and a teenage boy have been arrested on suspicion of murder in connection with the death of Dagenham man Gary Pocock.
The body of 34-year-old Mr Pocock was found badly beaten and half-naked on a beach in Kent on Wednesday morning, August 7.
A 44-year-old man and a 20-year-old man, both from Manor Park, Newham, together with a man, 20, from Benfleet, Essex, and a 15-year-old boy from the Isle of Sheppey, Kent, are in police custody.
The arrests, made by the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, come after a post mortem examination concluded Mr Pocock, of Lillechurch Road, Dagenham, died of significant head injuries.
Officers first discovered his body on the beach between Little Groves caravan site and the Isle of Sheppey Holiday Village.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses, or anyone with any information, should call 101 quoting CAD 07-0167 or call Kent Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 3 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 4 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 5 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 6 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 10 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds