Teenage boy and three men arrested on suspicion of murder after body of Dagenham man found on beach
- Credit: Archant
Three men and a teenage boy have been arrested on suspicion of murder in connection with the death of Dagenham man Gary Pocock.
The body of 34-year-old Mr Pocock was found badly beaten and half-naked on a beach in Kent on Wednesday morning, August 7.
A 44-year-old man and a 20-year-old man, both from Manor Park, Newham, together with a man, 20, from Benfleet, Essex, and a 15-year-old boy from the Isle of Sheppey, Kent, are in police custody.
The arrests, made by the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, come after a post mortem examination concluded Mr Pocock, of Lillechurch Road, Dagenham, died of significant head injuries.
Officers first discovered his body on the beach between Little Groves caravan site and the Isle of Sheppey Holiday Village.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses, or anyone with any information, should call 101 quoting CAD 07-0167 or call Kent Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 2 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 3 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 5 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 6 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 7 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 8 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 9 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 10 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light