Teenage robbers who targeted Barking casino jailed
- Credit: MPS
Three violent teenage robbers who targeted a Barking casino in a spate of incidents across east London have been jailed.
Mohamed Sayid, 19, of Grantham Road, Manor Park, Ashley Samuel, 18, of Granville Road, Ilford and Yahya Ahmed, 19, of Blackthorn Road, Ilford, targeted Cashino on East Street in the early hours of June 5.
The gang stole a total of £27,700 during nine casino robberies between April and July, threatening employees with kitchen knives and a screwdriver.
Some were tied up with duct tape while a colleague was forced to open the safe at knifepoint.
One of the trio repeatedly attempted to stab a casino worker in the chest during a robbery in East Ham, despite him complying with all their demands.
You may also want to watch:
All three pleaded guilty to conspiracy to rob at Snaresbrook Crown Court on December 5. Yesterday they were each sentenced to eight years and four months imprisonment.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Police chief denies 'systemic' errors
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years