Teenage robbers who targeted Barking casino jailed
- Credit: MPS
Three violent teenage robbers who targeted a Barking casino in a spate of incidents across east London have been jailed.
Mohamed Sayid, 19, of Grantham Road, Manor Park, Ashley Samuel, 18, of Granville Road, Ilford and Yahya Ahmed, 19, of Blackthorn Road, Ilford, targeted Cashino on East Street in the early hours of June 5.
The gang stole a total of £27,700 during nine casino robberies between April and July, threatening employees with kitchen knives and a screwdriver.
Some were tied up with duct tape while a colleague was forced to open the safe at knifepoint.
One of the trio repeatedly attempted to stab a casino worker in the chest during a robbery in East Ham, despite him complying with all their demands.
You may also want to watch:
All three pleaded guilty to conspiracy to rob at Snaresbrook Crown Court on December 5. Yesterday they were each sentenced to eight years and four months imprisonment.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 10 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside