Teenage robbers who targeted Barking casino jailed
- Credit: MPS
Three violent teenage robbers who targeted a Barking casino in a spate of incidents across east London have been jailed.
Mohamed Sayid, 19, of Grantham Road, Manor Park, Ashley Samuel, 18, of Granville Road, Ilford and Yahya Ahmed, 19, of Blackthorn Road, Ilford, targeted Cashino on East Street in the early hours of June 5.
The gang stole a total of £27,700 during nine casino robberies between April and July, threatening employees with kitchen knives and a screwdriver.
Some were tied up with duct tape while a colleague was forced to open the safe at knifepoint.
One of the trio repeatedly attempted to stab a casino worker in the chest during a robbery in East Ham, despite him complying with all their demands.
You may also want to watch:
All three pleaded guilty to conspiracy to rob at Snaresbrook Crown Court on December 5. Yesterday they were each sentenced to eight years and four months imprisonment.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 2 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 'Woke rubbish': Losing candidate on stir over 'unspellable' names comment
- 6 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 7 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 9 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 10 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night