Teenager, 17, slashed across the face in unprovoked attack in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Police are today appealing for information after a teenager was slashed across the face in an unprovoked attack in Dagenham.
The 17-year-old victim was targeted as he walked in Sheppey Road, near to Gale Street, on March 10 at round 4.30pm.
He was rushed to hospital where he received treatment for his injuries and has since been discharged.
The suspect is a black man aged in his 20s and around 6ft 4ins tall.
He fled the scene on foot along Sheppey Road.
You may also want to watch:
DC Sam Carey, investigating officer, said: “This occurred at a busy time of day and I am appealing to anyone who was in or around the area, who may have seen anything they now think is suspicious, to contact me.
“Their information could mean the difference in identifying this suspect.”
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 4 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 5 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 9 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
Any witnesses or anyone with information is urged to contact DC Carey on 020 8345 1626 or email him atSamuel.Carey@met.police.uk.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.