Teenager, 17, slashed across the face in unprovoked attack in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Police are today appealing for information after a teenager was slashed across the face in an unprovoked attack in Dagenham.
The 17-year-old victim was targeted as he walked in Sheppey Road, near to Gale Street, on March 10 at round 4.30pm.
He was rushed to hospital where he received treatment for his injuries and has since been discharged.
The suspect is a black man aged in his 20s and around 6ft 4ins tall.
He fled the scene on foot along Sheppey Road.
You may also want to watch:
DC Sam Carey, investigating officer, said: “This occurred at a busy time of day and I am appealing to anyone who was in or around the area, who may have seen anything they now think is suspicious, to contact me.
“Their information could mean the difference in identifying this suspect.”
- 1 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets ready to mark St George's Day
- 4 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 5 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 6 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 7 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Dagenham boss McMahon keen to build on back-to-back wins
- 10 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
Any witnesses or anyone with information is urged to contact DC Carey on 020 8345 1626 or email him atSamuel.Carey@met.police.uk.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.