Teenager arrested for joyriding after car overturns in Dagenham
A 17-year-old was arrested for joyriding after a car was flipped over and collided with a central reservation bollard.
Police were called to the junction of Green Lane and Walnut Tree Road in Dagenham at 12.30pm on Sunday (15) after the collision happened.
The occupants of the vehicle were believed to have fled the scene but one arrest was later made.
The vehicle, a Renault Clio, leaked fuel onto the road, which was cleaned up by the council by 1.15pm.
Police said they were not aware of any injuries connected with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman confirmed: “A 17-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of Taking and Driving Away (TDA) and bailed to October 22 pending further enquiries.”
- 1 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 2 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 3 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 4 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 8 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 9 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 10 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning