Teenager arrested for joyriding after car overturns in Dagenham
A 17-year-old was arrested for joyriding after a car was flipped over and collided with a central reservation bollard.
Police were called to the junction of Green Lane and Walnut Tree Road in Dagenham at 12.30pm on Sunday (15) after the collision happened.
The occupants of the vehicle were believed to have fled the scene but one arrest was later made.
The vehicle, a Renault Clio, leaked fuel onto the road, which was cleaned up by the council by 1.15pm.
Police said they were not aware of any injuries connected with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman confirmed: “A 17-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of Taking and Driving Away (TDA) and bailed to October 22 pending further enquiries.”
- 1 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 2 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 5 Council admits there is a 'long way to go' before 'cracking' the virus
- 6 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 7 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Barking and Dagenham parents and children soars
- 9 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 10 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows