Teenager arrested for joyriding after car overturns in Dagenham
A 17-year-old was arrested for joyriding after a car was flipped over and collided with a central reservation bollard.
Police were called to the junction of Green Lane and Walnut Tree Road in Dagenham at 12.30pm on Sunday (15) after the collision happened.
The occupants of the vehicle were believed to have fled the scene but one arrest was later made.
The vehicle, a Renault Clio, leaked fuel onto the road, which was cleaned up by the council by 1.15pm.
Police said they were not aware of any injuries connected with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman confirmed: “A 17-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of Taking and Driving Away (TDA) and bailed to October 22 pending further enquiries.”
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault