Teenager arrested for joyriding after car overturns in Dagenham
A 17-year-old was arrested for joyriding after a car was flipped over and collided with a central reservation bollard.
Police were called to the junction of Green Lane and Walnut Tree Road in Dagenham at 12.30pm on Sunday (15) after the collision happened.
The occupants of the vehicle were believed to have fled the scene but one arrest was later made.
The vehicle, a Renault Clio, leaked fuel onto the road, which was cleaned up by the council by 1.15pm.
Police said they were not aware of any injuries connected with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman confirmed: “A 17-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of Taking and Driving Away (TDA) and bailed to October 22 pending further enquiries.”
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils