Teenager pleads not guilty to murder of Ricky Hayden in Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has denied killing Ricky Hayden, who was stabbed to death outside his home.
Tommy Lee Roome, 19, of Rams Grove, Chadwell Heath, appeared at the Old Bailey accused of murdering 27-year-old Ricky and the attempted murder of his father.
The defendant spoke only to confirm his name and enter not guilty pleas to the charges via video link from Belmarsh jail.
Ricky, was attacked outside his home in Gibbfield Close, Chadwell Heath, in the early hours of September 13, as he tried to stop the theft of a moped.
He died in the early hours of the following day.
His father, Paul, 54, was also injured in the incident.
Mr Roome was remanded in custody until his trial on March 13 next year.
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 3 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 4 'An incredible privilege’: Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas on 21 years of service
- 5 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 6 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 7 Hammers stars surprise hospital patients and staff
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 'Affordable' Dagenham housing scheme completed
- 10 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
The trial is scheduled to take three weeks.