Teenager sprayed with ‘noxious liquid’ in Barking
- Credit: Archant
A teenager had a ‘noxious liquid’ sprayed in his face by two men who demanded money from him.
The 19-year-old was in Longbridge Road, Barking, at around 11.20pm last night when he was approached by two men on a motor scooter.
One demanded money, and when he refused to hand anything over, he was struck across the leg with an object and had a liquid sprayed in his face.
Both of the suspects made off on the scooter and nothing was stolen.
Police officers and the London Ambulance Service attended and took the teenager to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
Detectives are asking witnesses or anyone with information to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 PICTURES: People enjoy new 'rule of six' at Barking and Dagenham parks
- 4 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 5 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Column: Dagenham & Redbridge must strive for redemption
- 8 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 9 Hospital worker killed by ex-partner before he committed suicide, court hears
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
The incident comes just two days after a 17-year-old boy had acid sprayed in his face and his bike stolen in Parsloes Park, Dagenham.