Teenager sprayed with ‘noxious liquid’ in Barking
- Credit: Archant
A teenager had a ‘noxious liquid’ sprayed in his face by two men who demanded money from him.
The 19-year-old was in Longbridge Road, Barking, at around 11.20pm last night when he was approached by two men on a motor scooter.
One demanded money, and when he refused to hand anything over, he was struck across the leg with an object and had a liquid sprayed in his face.
Both of the suspects made off on the scooter and nothing was stolen.
Police officers and the London Ambulance Service attended and took the teenager to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
Detectives are asking witnesses or anyone with information to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 3 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 6 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 7 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 9 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 10 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
The incident comes just two days after a 17-year-old boy had acid sprayed in his face and his bike stolen in Parsloes Park, Dagenham.