Teenager sprayed with ‘noxious liquid’ in Barking
- Credit: Archant
A teenager had a ‘noxious liquid’ sprayed in his face by two men who demanded money from him.
The 19-year-old was in Longbridge Road, Barking, at around 11.20pm last night when he was approached by two men on a motor scooter.
One demanded money, and when he refused to hand anything over, he was struck across the leg with an object and had a liquid sprayed in his face.
Both of the suspects made off on the scooter and nothing was stolen.
Police officers and the London Ambulance Service attended and took the teenager to hospital.
His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
Detectives are asking witnesses or anyone with information to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 NHS trust celebrates success in cutting long-term waiting list to almost zero following administrative error
- 2 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 3 Council clears illegal encampment under Ripple Road flyover
- 4 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 5 Boris Johnson will resign as Tory leader today
- 6 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 7 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 8 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 9 Inquest told Zara Aleena died from head and neck injuries
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
The incident comes just two days after a 17-year-old boy had acid sprayed in his face and his bike stolen in Parsloes Park, Dagenham.