Romford and Ilford teens charged over ‘machete’ incident in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Three teenagers have been charged in connection with an incident between two groups in Dagenham.
Officers had been called to Woodward Road on the afternoon of Wednesday, March 4 to reports of a group of males, at least one who was said to be carying a machete, chasing another group of males.
A 16-year-old from Romford has been charged with violent disorder and possession of an offensive weapon in connection with the incident.
Two others - a boy, 16, from Ilford and a 17-year-old from Romford - were charged with affray.
All three appeared at Barkingside Youth Court on Saturday, March 7 and are due to appear again on Wednesday, March 11.
You may also want to watch:
A fourth boy, 15, was arrested on suspicion of violent disorder and has been bailed pending further enquiries to a date in early April.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 9 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 10 What's on across East London this weekend?