Romford and Ilford teens charged over ‘machete’ incident in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Three teenagers have been charged in connection with an incident between two groups in Dagenham.
Officers had been called to Woodward Road on the afternoon of Wednesday, March 4 to reports of a group of males, at least one who was said to be carying a machete, chasing another group of males.
A 16-year-old from Romford has been charged with violent disorder and possession of an offensive weapon in connection with the incident.
Two others - a boy, 16, from Ilford and a 17-year-old from Romford - were charged with affray.
All three appeared at Barkingside Youth Court on Saturday, March 7 and are due to appear again on Wednesday, March 11.
You may also want to watch:
A fourth boy, 15, was arrested on suspicion of violent disorder and has been bailed pending further enquiries to a date in early April.
- 1 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 2 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 3 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 4 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 5 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 6 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 8 All borough's care home residents have had first Covid vaccination
- 9 Free parking for NHS staff and key workers extended
- 10 Covid funding boost for charities promoting youth arts and inclusion