Romford and Ilford teens charged over ‘machete’ incident in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Three teenagers have been charged in connection with an incident between two groups in Dagenham.
Officers had been called to Woodward Road on the afternoon of Wednesday, March 4 to reports of a group of males, at least one who was said to be carying a machete, chasing another group of males.
A 16-year-old from Romford has been charged with violent disorder and possession of an offensive weapon in connection with the incident.
Two others - a boy, 16, from Ilford and a 17-year-old from Romford - were charged with affray.
All three appeared at Barkingside Youth Court on Saturday, March 7 and are due to appear again on Wednesday, March 11.
You may also want to watch:
A fourth boy, 15, was arrested on suspicion of violent disorder and has been bailed pending further enquiries to a date in early April.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Former child refugee who founded Barking women's service up for award
- 10 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?