Romford and Ilford teens charged over ‘machete’ incident in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Three teenagers have been charged in connection with an incident between two groups in Dagenham.
Officers had been called to Woodward Road on the afternoon of Wednesday, March 4 to reports of a group of males, at least one who was said to be carying a machete, chasing another group of males.
A 16-year-old from Romford has been charged with violent disorder and possession of an offensive weapon in connection with the incident.
Two others - a boy, 16, from Ilford and a 17-year-old from Romford - were charged with affray.
All three appeared at Barkingside Youth Court on Saturday, March 7 and are due to appear again on Wednesday, March 11.
You may also want to watch:
A fourth boy, 15, was arrested on suspicion of violent disorder and has been bailed pending further enquiries to a date in early April.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters