Teens from Romford and Dagenham arrested after ‘substance’ attack at Lakeside,Thurrock
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy from Romford and a 17 year-old boy from Dagenham have been arrested on suspicion of violent disorder following an incident outside the Lakeside shopping centre, Thurrock, on Friday, November 10.
Two women were splashed with an unknown substance during a fight which broke out between a large group of teenagers at around 5.10pm.
They suffered reddening and stinging to their faces but their injuries are not believed to be serious.
The fight continued into the McDonald’s restaurant where two members of staff tried to intervene.
They were assaulted but not seriously injured.
You may also want to watch:
A cordon was put in place in the area so investigations could take place.
Inspector Rob Brettell said: “I understand this incident may have caused concern but we believe it was a targeted and isolated incident and there is no risk to the wider public.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 6 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
“The area was busy at the time and I believe there would have been a lot of people who saw what happened.
“If you saw what happened, have any video of it or have any other information my team needs to speak to you.”
If you have any information please contact Grays police station on 101 quoting incident 786 of 10/11 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.