Teens from Romford and Dagenham arrested after ‘substance’ attack at Lakeside,Thurrock
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy from Romford and a 17 year-old boy from Dagenham have been arrested on suspicion of violent disorder following an incident outside the Lakeside shopping centre, Thurrock, on Friday, November 10.
Two women were splashed with an unknown substance during a fight which broke out between a large group of teenagers at around 5.10pm.
They suffered reddening and stinging to their faces but their injuries are not believed to be serious.
The fight continued into the McDonald’s restaurant where two members of staff tried to intervene.
They were assaulted but not seriously injured.
You may also want to watch:
A cordon was put in place in the area so investigations could take place.
Inspector Rob Brettell said: “I understand this incident may have caused concern but we believe it was a targeted and isolated incident and there is no risk to the wider public.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 6 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 7 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 8 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 9 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
“The area was busy at the time and I believe there would have been a lot of people who saw what happened.
“If you saw what happened, have any video of it or have any other information my team needs to speak to you.”
If you have any information please contact Grays police station on 101 quoting incident 786 of 10/11 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.