Teens from Romford and Dagenham arrested after ‘substance’ attack at Lakeside,Thurrock
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy from Romford and a 17 year-old boy from Dagenham have been arrested on suspicion of violent disorder following an incident outside the Lakeside shopping centre, Thurrock, on Friday, November 10.
Two women were splashed with an unknown substance during a fight which broke out between a large group of teenagers at around 5.10pm.
They suffered reddening and stinging to their faces but their injuries are not believed to be serious.
The fight continued into the McDonald’s restaurant where two members of staff tried to intervene.
They were assaulted but not seriously injured.
A cordon was put in place in the area so investigations could take place.
Inspector Rob Brettell said: “I understand this incident may have caused concern but we believe it was a targeted and isolated incident and there is no risk to the wider public.
- 1 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 2 Company fined in court over builder's skips in Dagenham and Chadwell Heath
- 3 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 4 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 5 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
- 6 Barking BikeFest comes to town
- 7 Tossed cigarette in Chadwell Heath costs Beckton man almost £400
- 8 5 of the best things to do with kids in east London
- 9 'Beautiful skin and incredible smile': What happened when the Queen visited a Dagenham school
- 10 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
“The area was busy at the time and I believe there would have been a lot of people who saw what happened.
“If you saw what happened, have any video of it or have any other information my team needs to speak to you.”
If you have any information please contact Grays police station on 101 quoting incident 786 of 10/11 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.