Ten arrested in Barking and Dagenham following 12 hour police operation
- Credit: Archant
Ten arrests have been made in the borough as part of a cross border police operation.
Operation Cronus saw four policing divisions join forces to target burglars, thieves, robbers, the handling of stolen goods and run traffic checks.
The 12 hour operation on Tuesday, September 24, spanned Barking and Dagenham, Havering, Redbridge and the county of Essex.
Det Serg Nathan Lee of Barking and Dagenham Police said: “Police understand the misery caused to the public by burglars and robbers.
“The emotional cost of becoming a victim of thieves can far outweigh the value of the goods taken.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers made 38 arrests in total, issued three cautions, seized eight vehicles, issued one cannabis warning and issued 12 fines.
Arrests included burglars, bogus callers, car thieves, robbers, drug dealers and users and one person that was wanted on an international arrest warrant for three alleged serious assaults.
- 1 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 3 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 4 Mum plans 30-mile walk to Barking Station to raise money to help son take first steps
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 7 London boroughs with fastest and slowest wage growth revealed
- 8 Barking and Dagenham racks up most blue badge-related fines, study shows
- 9 Admissions open for new Barking school
- 10 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
The British Transport Police also conducted searches across a number of tube stations in the three London boroughs, supported by Safer Transport officers.
Det Serg Lee said the teams “worked towards the common goal of removing criminals from your local area and minimising future victims”.