Ten arrested in Barking and Dagenham following 12 hour police operation
- Credit: Archant
Ten arrests have been made in the borough as part of a cross border police operation.
Operation Cronus saw four policing divisions join forces to target burglars, thieves, robbers, the handling of stolen goods and run traffic checks.
The 12 hour operation on Tuesday, September 24, spanned Barking and Dagenham, Havering, Redbridge and the county of Essex.
Det Serg Nathan Lee of Barking and Dagenham Police said: “Police understand the misery caused to the public by burglars and robbers.
“The emotional cost of becoming a victim of thieves can far outweigh the value of the goods taken.”
Officers made 38 arrests in total, issued three cautions, seized eight vehicles, issued one cannabis warning and issued 12 fines.
Arrests included burglars, bogus callers, car thieves, robbers, drug dealers and users and one person that was wanted on an international arrest warrant for three alleged serious assaults.
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 3 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 4 'An incredible privilege’: Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas on 21 years of service
- 5 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 6 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 7 Council tax rebates totalling £2m remain unclaimed, authority says
- 8 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 9 ‘It’s like a warzone’: Extent of damage to Ballards Road homes on show following blaze which destroyed 14 houses
- 10 'Affordable' Dagenham housing scheme completed
The British Transport Police also conducted searches across a number of tube stations in the three London boroughs, supported by Safer Transport officers.
Det Serg Lee said the teams “worked towards the common goal of removing criminals from your local area and minimising future victims”.