Ten arrested in Barking and Dagenham following 12 hour police operation
- Credit: Archant
Ten arrests have been made in the borough as part of a cross border police operation.
Operation Cronus saw four policing divisions join forces to target burglars, thieves, robbers, the handling of stolen goods and run traffic checks.
The 12 hour operation on Tuesday, September 24, spanned Barking and Dagenham, Havering, Redbridge and the county of Essex.
Det Serg Nathan Lee of Barking and Dagenham Police said: “Police understand the misery caused to the public by burglars and robbers.
“The emotional cost of becoming a victim of thieves can far outweigh the value of the goods taken.”
Officers made 38 arrests in total, issued three cautions, seized eight vehicles, issued one cannabis warning and issued 12 fines.
Arrests included burglars, bogus callers, car thieves, robbers, drug dealers and users and one person that was wanted on an international arrest warrant for three alleged serious assaults.
- 1 Father and son found guilty of Dagenham car park murder of John Avers
- 2 Dagenham woman forced to pay £1,000 over rotting waste in garden
- 3 Ofsted praises progress of Dagenham school after inspection
- 4 Homes under the Planner: Development that could be coming to the borough
- 5 School's new headteacher on wellbeing and helping pupils realise potential
- 6 Coroner's report outlines concerns with Stephen Port murder investigations
- 7 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 8 Car park killing: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 9 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 10 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
The British Transport Police also conducted searches across a number of tube stations in the three London boroughs, supported by Safer Transport officers.
Det Serg Lee said the teams “worked towards the common goal of removing criminals from your local area and minimising future victims”.