Police find missing car and dog stolen by thieves in Barking
- Credit: Archant
Police have found a car with a dog inside which was stolen earlier today in Barking.
At around 10am, Susan Hill, 62, parked her car outside the King Edward’s Medical Centre in Morley Road, with her dog, Khan, inside.
She was gone less than 10 minutes, but when she returned, the car was missing and another was parked in its place.
“I knew I would only be 10 minutes, which is why I left him there,” she said.
“I saw the doctor straight away, but when I came out, the car was gone.
You may also want to watch:
“I tried to ring the police, but I was so upset, a couple of ladies had to stop and take over the phonecall for me.”
Khan is a nine-year-old black Chow Chow with a light brown ruff of fur round his neck. He suffers with arthritis and takes pain medication.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Former child refugee who founded Barking women's service up for award
- 10 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
He was found by police just before 4pm.
A Met Police spokeswoman said: “Police were called at approximately 10:31 to reports of a vehicle theft in Morley Road.
“It is believed the vehicle, a Ford KA, was taken between 10:10 and 10:20 with the owner’s dog still inside.
“The car and the dog were later recovered safely in Ripple Road, Barking.
“No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.”
Khan was found outside the Coral in Ripple Road, with Charlie Corry, who works at the store, helping to rescue him.
Susan said: “I’ve got my dog and car back. So happy, I will never leave him in the car again.”