Jodie Chesney: Third person charged with murder
- Credit: Archant
Police have charged a third person with the murder of Jodie Chesney.
Svenson Ong-a-kwie, 18, lived on Hillfoot Road, Romford and was arrested on March 10.
He will appear in Barkingside Magistrates’ court today.
Two other people from Romford, 20-year-old Manuel Petrovic and an unnamed 16-year-old, have already been charged with the murder.
Petrovic lived on Highfield Road and was arrested in Leicester. He is set to face trial September 2.
You may also want to watch:
Three people, a 50-year-old man, a 38-year-old woman and a 17-year-old boy, were all arrested March 10 on suspicion of assisting an offender, but have been released under investigation.
The Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command (HMCC) is continuing their enquiries into the murder of Jodie Chesney.
- 1 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 8 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 9 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Barking FC set for big week in the Cup
Anyone with information about Jodie’s death is urged to call the HMCC Incident Room on 020 8345 3775, Tweet @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.