Jodie Chesney: Third person charged with murder
- Credit: Archant
Police have charged a third person with the murder of Jodie Chesney.
Svenson Ong-a-kwie, 18, lived on Hillfoot Road, Romford and was arrested on March 10.
He will appear in Barkingside Magistrates’ court today.
Two other people from Romford, 20-year-old Manuel Petrovic and an unnamed 16-year-old, have already been charged with the murder.
Petrovic lived on Highfield Road and was arrested in Leicester. He is set to face trial September 2.
You may also want to watch:
Three people, a 50-year-old man, a 38-year-old woman and a 17-year-old boy, were all arrested March 10 on suspicion of assisting an offender, but have been released under investigation.
The Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command (HMCC) is continuing their enquiries into the murder of Jodie Chesney.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 6 East London police officer charged with rape
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Dog walker recalls finding victims in churchyard
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 10 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
Anyone with information about Jodie’s death is urged to call the HMCC Incident Room on 020 8345 3775, Tweet @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.