Third man arrested in case of have-a-go hero dad who died in Barking
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have made a third arrest in the case of a have-a-go hero dad who died following a suspected robbery.
The 38-year-old man, who has not been named, was arrested at his home in Barking this morning on suspicion of conspiracy to rob and remains in custody at an east London police station.
The arrest follows the death of Shammi Atwal, 45, of Chigwell, who co-owned Glenn and Co cash and carry in River Road, Barking, with his wife, 37.
Police said father-of-two Mr Atwal was killed when he was struck by a lorry after chasing a gang of alleged robbers from his store on Monday, October 14. The driver stopped and was not arrested.
Two men have already been charged with manslaughter and robbery in connection with the investigation and appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
They were Vidmantas Gonskoves, 26 of Grange Road, Plaistow, and Aurimas Diliunas, 27, of Rosslyn Road, Barking.
Both men were remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Monday, November 4.
- 1 Jo Richardson pupils offered 'hug in a mug' in lockdown
- 2 Views sought on next stage of Gascoigne Estate's redevelopment
- 3 Tributes to 'much-loved' volunteer with a passion for Dagenham history
- 4 Tot with cancer enjoys 'brilliant' fun day outside home in Dagenham
- 5 London mayoral candidate 'fined' after digital campaign bus visits Dagenham
- 6 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 7 Barking and Dagenham's Holocaust Memorial Day plans unveiled
- 8 Charity's 10 years of teaching safe travel to vulnerable young people
- 9 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 10 Dagenham fall to heavy defeat at Eastleigh