Rush Green womaniser who murdered his wife and set fire to her body will be sentenced today
- Credit: Met Police
A controlling womaniser who murdered his wife in the family home while their daughters were in before setting fire to her body will be sentenced today.
Thomas Peter, 50. strangled his job centre worker wife Karen at the family home in Valentines Way, Rush Green, on August 2 last year.
The Old Bailey heard their daughters aged 22, 20 and 14, were first alerted to their mother’s plight when they woke to a “muffled scream” coming from the bedroom.
Peter told them she had gone out and despite his daughters being at home he went on to start at least two fires in the house.
He set fire to his wife’s body and left it in a locked first floor bedroom.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters who were called to the scene where told no one was in the house but they found Mrs Peter’s body heavily burned around the groin and thighs, with marks also to the head and neck.
Peter had taken out a £300,000 life insurance before the murder.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 3 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 4 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 5 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 8 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 9 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 10 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
Last Thursday he was found guilty of murder and will be sentenced today at the Old Bailey,