Three Barking and Dagenham men found guilty in “sex ring” trial
- Credit: Archant
The jury in the trial of a suspected sex ring has found three men guilty of rape and sexual assault charges.
Ringleader Naeem Ahmed, 25, of Westminster Gardens, Barking, raped an 18-year-old three times and Nabeel Ahmed, 25, of Chadwell Heath Lane, not a relation, raped her once the same night.
Hassan Raza, 23, also of Westminster Gardens, sexually assaulted the teenager hours after the multiple rapes.
But Naeem was cleared of charges relating to allegations of running a sex ring, including charges of inciting child prostitution.
The girl had been offered a lift to the train station by Nabeel shortly before midnight on May 1 last year but instead he took her to a house in Chadwell Heath where Naeem and Raza were.
You may also want to watch:
They gave her a bedroom to sleep in alone but Nabeel and Naeem got into the bed and raped her.
She told the jury at Snaresbrook Crown Court: “I had been crying, I felt violated, I felt like absolute s**t.
- 1 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 2 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 3 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 7 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 10 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
“I felt dirty and disgusting, I just wanted to go home and have a wash.
“I just wanted to get away from everybody but I felt like I couldn’t do anything about the matter and I was panicking and waiting for it to be over.”
In the morning, Raza, who had been sleeping upstairs, came down and starting chatting with her but then forced her to kiss him and groped her.
She said: “He was not trying to comfort me because he cared but it was just his way of treating me as his little pet.”
The trio will be sentenced on September 11.
Naeem Ahmed was cleared of two other rape charges – relating to a different girl - along with charges of controlling child prostitution, paying for sexual services of a child, and inciting child prostitution.
Nabeel Ahmed was cleared of two other rape charges.
Nabeel’s brother Jameel, of Neville Road, Dagenham, was also cleared of two rape charges.
The fifth defendant, Anas Iqbal, of Newham Way, East Ham, was found not guilty for four rape charges and for paying for sexual services of a child but will face a retrial over one rape charge and one of attempted rape.