Three in court for sentencing for sexual assault of teenager
Three men are due to be sentenced on Wednesday (11) after being found guilty of rape and sexual assault charges concerning an 18-year-old girl.
Naeem Ahmed, 25, of Westminster Gardens, Barking, and Nabeel Ahmed, 25, of Chadwell Heath Lane took turns to rape the girl after Nabeel picked her up off the street and offered her a place to stay for the night.
Hassan Raza, 24, also of Westminster Gardens, sexually assaulted the teenager hours after the multiple rapes.
The trio were found guilty at Snaresbrook Crown Court in July after a four week trial.
Judge Martyn Zeidman told the men they will face lengthy prison sentences.
He said: “What happened to the girl was terrible and she will never forget it.”
The men were acquitted of all other charges relating to an alleged “sex ring” operating across east London.
- 1 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 7 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 10 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
Co-defendant Anas Iqbal, of Newham Way, East Ham, is facing a retrial in November after the jury failed to reach a verdict on charges of rape and attempted rape of two other girls.