Three in court for sentencing for sexual assault of teenager
Three men are due to be sentenced on Wednesday (11) after being found guilty of rape and sexual assault charges concerning an 18-year-old girl.
Naeem Ahmed, 25, of Westminster Gardens, Barking, and Nabeel Ahmed, 25, of Chadwell Heath Lane took turns to rape the girl after Nabeel picked her up off the street and offered her a place to stay for the night.
Hassan Raza, 24, also of Westminster Gardens, sexually assaulted the teenager hours after the multiple rapes.
The trio were found guilty at Snaresbrook Crown Court in July after a four week trial.
Judge Martyn Zeidman told the men they will face lengthy prison sentences.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “What happened to the girl was terrible and she will never forget it.”
The men were acquitted of all other charges relating to an alleged “sex ring” operating across east London.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 6 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 7 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
Co-defendant Anas Iqbal, of Newham Way, East Ham, is facing a retrial in November after the jury failed to reach a verdict on charges of rape and attempted rape of two other girls.