Three in court for sentencing for sexual assault of teenager
Three men are due to be sentenced on Wednesday (11) after being found guilty of rape and sexual assault charges concerning an 18-year-old girl.
Naeem Ahmed, 25, of Westminster Gardens, Barking, and Nabeel Ahmed, 25, of Chadwell Heath Lane took turns to rape the girl after Nabeel picked her up off the street and offered her a place to stay for the night.
Hassan Raza, 24, also of Westminster Gardens, sexually assaulted the teenager hours after the multiple rapes.
The trio were found guilty at Snaresbrook Crown Court in July after a four week trial.
Judge Martyn Zeidman told the men they will face lengthy prison sentences.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “What happened to the girl was terrible and she will never forget it.”
The men were acquitted of all other charges relating to an alleged “sex ring” operating across east London.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 5 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 East London police officer charged with rape
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Dog walker recalls finding victims in churchyard
- 8 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 9 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 10 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
Co-defendant Anas Iqbal, of Newham Way, East Ham, is facing a retrial in November after the jury failed to reach a verdict on charges of rape and attempted rape of two other girls.