Three in court for sentencing for sexual assault of teenager
Three men are due to be sentenced on Wednesday (11) after being found guilty of rape and sexual assault charges concerning an 18-year-old girl.
Naeem Ahmed, 25, of Westminster Gardens, Barking, and Nabeel Ahmed, 25, of Chadwell Heath Lane took turns to rape the girl after Nabeel picked her up off the street and offered her a place to stay for the night.
Hassan Raza, 24, also of Westminster Gardens, sexually assaulted the teenager hours after the multiple rapes.
The trio were found guilty at Snaresbrook Crown Court in July after a four week trial.
Judge Martyn Zeidman told the men they will face lengthy prison sentences.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “What happened to the girl was terrible and she will never forget it.”
The men were acquitted of all other charges relating to an alleged “sex ring” operating across east London.
- 1 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 2 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 3 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 4 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 5 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 6 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 7 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 8 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 9 Samuel Garside House fire review prompts questions over responsibility
- 10 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
Co-defendant Anas Iqbal, of Newham Way, East Ham, is facing a retrial in November after the jury failed to reach a verdict on charges of rape and attempted rape of two other girls.