Three in court for sentencing for sexual assault of teenager
Three men are due to be sentenced on Wednesday (11) after being found guilty of rape and sexual assault charges concerning an 18-year-old girl.
Naeem Ahmed, 25, of Westminster Gardens, Barking, and Nabeel Ahmed, 25, of Chadwell Heath Lane took turns to rape the girl after Nabeel picked her up off the street and offered her a place to stay for the night.
Hassan Raza, 24, also of Westminster Gardens, sexually assaulted the teenager hours after the multiple rapes.
The trio were found guilty at Snaresbrook Crown Court in July after a four week trial.
Judge Martyn Zeidman told the men they will face lengthy prison sentences.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “What happened to the girl was terrible and she will never forget it.”
The men were acquitted of all other charges relating to an alleged “sex ring” operating across east London.
- 1 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 2 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 3 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 6 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 7 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 8 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
Co-defendant Anas Iqbal, of Newham Way, East Ham, is facing a retrial in November after the jury failed to reach a verdict on charges of rape and attempted rape of two other girls.