Three released without charge in murder investigation of Dagenham man Gary Pocock
- Credit: Archant
Three people arrested in connection with the death of Dagenham man Gary Pocock have all been released without charge. The body of the 34-year-old was found on a beach on the Isle of Sheppey, Kent, on Wednesday morning at about 6am.
A man and a woman, aged 44 and 43 respectively, were arrested on suspicion of murder on Friday, but were later released without charge.
A third person, a 29-year-old man from London, was arrested later on Friday, but was also released without charge yesterday evening.
A post mortem examination revealed Mr Pocock died of severe head injuries.
Detective Chief Inspector Jon Clayden, who is leading the investigation, said: ‘We have released a photo of Mr Pocock in the hope that it might jog memories, and that someone might have seen him in the days and hours leading up to his death and have information that can help us.
You may also want to watch:
“We continue to run an incident room out of Warden Bay Village Hall, so I would welcome the opportunity to speak to anyone who has information, or who saw Gary prior to his death.’
Witnesses, or anyone with any information, are being urged to call 101 quoting CAD 07-0167. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 8 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 9 Barking sign three and continue pre season preparations
- 10 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
Did you know Gary? Call the newsroom to pay tribute on 07584 311466.