Three released without charge in murder investigation of Dagenham man Gary Pocock
- Credit: Archant
Three people arrested in connection with the death of Dagenham man Gary Pocock have all been released without charge. The body of the 34-year-old was found on a beach on the Isle of Sheppey, Kent, on Wednesday morning at about 6am.
A man and a woman, aged 44 and 43 respectively, were arrested on suspicion of murder on Friday, but were later released without charge.
A third person, a 29-year-old man from London, was arrested later on Friday, but was also released without charge yesterday evening.
A post mortem examination revealed Mr Pocock died of severe head injuries.
Detective Chief Inspector Jon Clayden, who is leading the investigation, said: ‘We have released a photo of Mr Pocock in the hope that it might jog memories, and that someone might have seen him in the days and hours leading up to his death and have information that can help us.
You may also want to watch:
“We continue to run an incident room out of Warden Bay Village Hall, so I would welcome the opportunity to speak to anyone who has information, or who saw Gary prior to his death.’
Witnesses, or anyone with any information, are being urged to call 101 quoting CAD 07-0167. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
Did you know Gary? Call the newsroom to pay tribute on 07584 311466.