Three teenagers from Barking and Dagenham charged following police operation
- Credit: PA WIRE
Six teenage boys have been charged following a police operation in the borough.
They are accused of possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life after police arrested the group in an undercover operation and seized a vehicle and firearm in Whalebone Lane North, Chadwell Heath, on Monday afternoon.
One of the suspects was taken to hospital after sustaining a foot injury at the scene, but has since been discharged.
Randall Lomanga, 18, of Charlecote Road, Dagenham, and two 17-year-olds from Barking and Dagenham appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court yesterday and were remanded in custody.
Akin Akinkunle, 18, of Turpin Avenue, Romford, and Georgie Ashman, 18, of Tarling Rod, Canning Town, were also held. A 15-year-old from Romford was bailed.
You may also want to watch:
They are all due to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on April 26 for a plea hearing.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 6 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils