Three teenagers from Barking and Dagenham charged following police operation
- Credit: PA WIRE
Six teenage boys have been charged following a police operation in the borough.
They are accused of possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life after police arrested the group in an undercover operation and seized a vehicle and firearm in Whalebone Lane North, Chadwell Heath, on Monday afternoon.
One of the suspects was taken to hospital after sustaining a foot injury at the scene, but has since been discharged.
Randall Lomanga, 18, of Charlecote Road, Dagenham, and two 17-year-olds from Barking and Dagenham appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court yesterday and were remanded in custody.
Akin Akinkunle, 18, of Turpin Avenue, Romford, and Georgie Ashman, 18, of Tarling Rod, Canning Town, were also held. A 15-year-old from Romford was bailed.
You may also want to watch:
They are all due to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on April 26 for a plea hearing.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 4 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 5 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 10 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory