Thugs jailed after knife attack in Dagenham
Two thugs were jailed for a total of 18 years after a drink-fuelled attack left their housemate with a pierced heart and collapsed lung.
David Walford, 42, stayed in hospital for a month after being repeatedly stabbed in the heart, chest, legs and arms.
Paul Fletcher, 23, and Mark Richardson, 36, of Verney Gardens, Dagenham, were jailed for nine years each at Snaresbrook Crown Court onApril 20.
Det Con Marie Pike said: “I am very pleased with the sentences handed down by the court. It is irrelevant if a person is ‘drunk’ when they commit a violent crime.
“The fact that the attacker can’t clearly recall the attack does not lessen the severity of the wounds for the victim. Richardson and Fletcher will have time to reflect on this in prison.”
You may also want to watch:
They were both cleared of attempted murder during a trial but instead pleaded guilty to causing grievous bodily harm.
Richardson was also sentenced to three months in jail for driving while under the influence of alcohol and banned from driving for three years. This sentence will run concurrently to the nine-year jail term.
- 1 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Mum plans 30-mile walk to Barking Station to raise money to help son take first steps
- 3 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 4 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 5 Admissions open for new Barking school
- 6 Barking and Dagenham racks up most blue badge-related fines, study shows
- 7 Town hall agrees to buy 62 homes in Barking development
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 9 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 10 Temporary Jobcentre opens in Barking
Mr Walford was found bleeding with a collapsed lung and pierced heart in Verney Gardens on September 18 last year, police said.
He has since left the area, a Met spokesman added.