Thugs jailed after knife attack in Dagenham
Two thugs were jailed for a total of 18 years after a drink-fuelled attack left their housemate with a pierced heart and collapsed lung.
David Walford, 42, stayed in hospital for a month after being repeatedly stabbed in the heart, chest, legs and arms.
Paul Fletcher, 23, and Mark Richardson, 36, of Verney Gardens, Dagenham, were jailed for nine years each at Snaresbrook Crown Court onApril 20.
Det Con Marie Pike said: “I am very pleased with the sentences handed down by the court. It is irrelevant if a person is ‘drunk’ when they commit a violent crime.
“The fact that the attacker can’t clearly recall the attack does not lessen the severity of the wounds for the victim. Richardson and Fletcher will have time to reflect on this in prison.”
You may also want to watch:
They were both cleared of attempted murder during a trial but instead pleaded guilty to causing grievous bodily harm.
Richardson was also sentenced to three months in jail for driving while under the influence of alcohol and banned from driving for three years. This sentence will run concurrently to the nine-year jail term.
- 1 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 2 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 3 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 4 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 5 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 6 Dagenham fight back to seal win over King's Lynn
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 9 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 10 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
Mr Walford was found bleeding with a collapsed lung and pierced heart in Verney Gardens on September 18 last year, police said.
He has since left the area, a Met spokesman added.