Thurrock Council employee denies making indecent photographs of child
- Credit: Archant
An employee of Thurrock Council has been accused of making indecent photographs of and sexually assaulting a girl under the age of 13.
Ian Rayment, of Lower Crescent, Linford, Essex, gave no indication of plea at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today.
The offences relate to incidents that allegedly occurred at an address in Dagenham in August this year.
The 40-year-old works for Thurrock Council on a project to introduce new systems for buying and supplying, the court heard.
His barrister suggested there would be not guilty pleas to allegations of sexual abuse.
You may also want to watch:
Rayment was remanded in custody to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on October 28 for a preliminary hearing.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 3 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 4 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 5 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 6 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 7 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
- 8 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate