Trident officers launch inquiry into suspected Dagenham shooting
- Credit: Archant
Specialist Trident officers have launched an investigation into a suspected shooting yesterday afternoon.
It is believed there was a collision between two cars, followed by an unconfirmed number of gunshots, at just after 3.30pm yesterday in Ford Road, Dagenham.
The occupants are thought to have fled down a nearby alleyway.
Police officers combed the area for clues as an investigation was launched by the specialist unit dedicated to tackling gun crime.
Pictures from the scene show a black car with extensive damage and a deflated airbag.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 2 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 3 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 4 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 7 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 8 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 9 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 10 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer