Trident officers launch inquiry into suspected Dagenham shooting
- Credit: Archant
Specialist Trident officers have launched an investigation into a suspected shooting yesterday afternoon.
It is believed there was a collision between two cars, followed by an unconfirmed number of gunshots, at just after 3.30pm yesterday in Ford Road, Dagenham.
The occupants are thought to have fled down a nearby alleyway.
Police officers combed the area for clues as an investigation was launched by the specialist unit dedicated to tackling gun crime.
Pictures from the scene show a black car with extensive damage and a deflated airbag.
- 1 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
- 2 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 3 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests
- 4 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 6 There With You This Winter: Mayor offers £51m of funding for fuel poverty
- 7 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 10 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?