Trident officers launch inquiry into suspected Dagenham shooting
- Credit: Archant
Specialist Trident officers have launched an investigation into a suspected shooting yesterday afternoon.
It is believed there was a collision between two cars, followed by an unconfirmed number of gunshots, at just after 3.30pm yesterday in Ford Road, Dagenham.
The occupants are thought to have fled down a nearby alleyway.
Police officers combed the area for clues as an investigation was launched by the specialist unit dedicated to tackling gun crime.
Pictures from the scene show a black car with extensive damage and a deflated airbag.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 6 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 7 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking