Two 19-year-olds in court charged with murder of Barking teenager Joshua Bwalya
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Two men have appeared in court today charged with the murder of Barking teenager Joshua Bwalya.
Kareem Lashley-Weekes, of Maryland Park, Stratford, and Ayrton Ambrose of Glengale Road, Peckham, allegedly stabbed Joshua to death following a disturbance at a party in the Ripple Centre.
Joshua was found lying injured in the street in Movers Lane, near the junction with Ripple Road, early on Wednesday, August 2. Paramedics at the scene declared him dead on arrival.
Post-mortem tests found he had died from multiple stab wounds.
Police also found a 20-year-old man and another 16-year-old boy with stab wounds nearby.
Lashley-Weekes and Ambrose appeared at the Old Bailey charged with Joshua’s murder and two counts of attempted murder.
The 19-year-olds had been remanded in custody ahead of the hearing.
- 1 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 2 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 4 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham man in court over Zara Aleena murder
- 6 Vigil to be held this Saturday for 'pure of heart' Zara Aleena
- 7 Census 2021 indicates baby boom in one east London borough
- 8 Latest data shows Covid admissions rising again at east London hospitals
- 9 Man charged after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 10 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
The pair are due to appear in court again on October 30 for a plea hearing.