Two 19-year-olds in court charged with murder of Barking teenager Joshua Bwalya
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Two men have appeared in court today charged with the murder of Barking teenager Joshua Bwalya.
Kareem Lashley-Weekes, of Maryland Park, Stratford, and Ayrton Ambrose of Glengale Road, Peckham, allegedly stabbed Joshua to death following a disturbance at a party in the Ripple Centre.
Joshua was found lying injured in the street in Movers Lane, near the junction with Ripple Road, early on Wednesday, August 2. Paramedics at the scene declared him dead on arrival.
Post-mortem tests found he had died from multiple stab wounds.
Police also found a 20-year-old man and another 16-year-old boy with stab wounds nearby.
Lashley-Weekes and Ambrose appeared at the Old Bailey charged with Joshua’s murder and two counts of attempted murder.
The 19-year-olds had been remanded in custody ahead of the hearing.
- 1 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 2 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 3 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 4 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 5 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points
- 6 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 7 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 8 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham drug dealer who beat vulnerable man with walking stick
The pair are due to appear in court again on October 30 for a plea hearing.