Two arrested after car driven at police in Dagenham before crashing in Barking
- Credit: Archant
This is the scene of a crash in Barking which ended a police chase where officers on foot were driven at after their vehicle was rammed.
Two men have been arrested following the road smash in Northern Relief Road, Barking, on Sunday at around 3am.
The pursuit began after two men were seen torching a car in Longbridge Road, Barking, before they sped off when approached by police.
As they fled they crashed into a police car and as the officers tried to chase on foot they were driven at.
The car continued through Dagenham before crashing – the two occupants were arrested.
Both men are currently in custody at a police station after being held on suspicion of several offences including arson with the intent to endanger life, attempted GBH on the police officers and dangerous driving.
- 1 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 4 Travel disruptions to look out for this week across east London
- 5 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 6 Local makers market coming to Barking Riverside this Christmas
- 7 Residents without Covid jab should be challenged, senior councillor says
- 8 Man facing 'lifelong consequences' of Barking traffic cone assault
- 9 Hanukkah 2021: Five ways to celebrate in east London
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing