Two arrested after car driven at police in Dagenham before crashing in Barking
- Credit: Archant
This is the scene of a crash in Barking which ended a police chase where officers on foot were driven at after their vehicle was rammed.
Two men have been arrested following the road smash in Northern Relief Road, Barking, on Sunday at around 3am.
The pursuit began after two men were seen torching a car in Longbridge Road, Barking, before they sped off when approached by police.
As they fled they crashed into a police car and as the officers tried to chase on foot they were driven at.
The car continued through Dagenham before crashing – the two occupants were arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Both men are currently in custody at a police station after being held on suspicion of several offences including arson with the intent to endanger life, attempted GBH on the police officers and dangerous driving.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 7 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 8 Pictures: We Are FSTVL over the years
- 9 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 10 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100