Two arrested on suspicion of GBH after two men slashed in arms on busy Barking street
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested two men on suspicion of GBH after an attack in which victims arms were slashed with a blade in broad daylight.
The 18 and 20-year-old suspects were held yesterday after the two victims were assaulted and suffered “lacerations to the arms” in Gascoigne Road, Barking at about 5pm on Tuesday.
Police believe one of the victims, a 19-year-old man, was approached by a large group of men and assaulted. A 20-year-old man was also found injured in nearby Cooke Street with similar injuries after it is believed he tried to intervene.
DS Jim Barry from the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command appealed for anyone who witnessed the attack to come forward.
“A large group of males approached the victim on a busy road on Tuesday afternoon. Were you there? Did you see those involved before the attack or making off?
“We understand the concerns in the community about such attacks. We are doing everything we can to bring those involved to account. A number of enquiries – including a detailed review of local CCTV footage from the area where the attack took place – are in hand.”
Anyone with information on the attack is asked to call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 2 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 4 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 5 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 6 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 7 Ex-soldier launches business to help veterans 'regain their identity'
- 8 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 9 Man in hospital after Dagenham stabbing
- 10 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times