Two arrested on suspicion of GBH after two men slashed in arms on busy Barking street
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested two men on suspicion of GBH after an attack in which victims arms were slashed with a blade in broad daylight.
The 18 and 20-year-old suspects were held yesterday after the two victims were assaulted and suffered “lacerations to the arms” in Gascoigne Road, Barking at about 5pm on Tuesday.
Police believe one of the victims, a 19-year-old man, was approached by a large group of men and assaulted. A 20-year-old man was also found injured in nearby Cooke Street with similar injuries after it is believed he tried to intervene.
DS Jim Barry from the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command appealed for anyone who witnessed the attack to come forward.
“A large group of males approached the victim on a busy road on Tuesday afternoon. Were you there? Did you see those involved before the attack or making off?
You may also want to watch:
“We understand the concerns in the community about such attacks. We are doing everything we can to bring those involved to account. A number of enquiries – including a detailed review of local CCTV footage from the area where the attack took place – are in hand.”
Anyone with information on the attack is asked to call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 5 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 6 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 7 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 8 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL