Two arrested on suspicion of GBH after two men slashed in arms on busy Barking street
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested two men on suspicion of GBH after an attack in which victims arms were slashed with a blade in broad daylight.
The 18 and 20-year-old suspects were held yesterday after the two victims were assaulted and suffered “lacerations to the arms” in Gascoigne Road, Barking at about 5pm on Tuesday.
Police believe one of the victims, a 19-year-old man, was approached by a large group of men and assaulted. A 20-year-old man was also found injured in nearby Cooke Street with similar injuries after it is believed he tried to intervene.
DS Jim Barry from the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command appealed for anyone who witnessed the attack to come forward.
“A large group of males approached the victim on a busy road on Tuesday afternoon. Were you there? Did you see those involved before the attack or making off?
You may also want to watch:
“We understand the concerns in the community about such attacks. We are doing everything we can to bring those involved to account. A number of enquiries – including a detailed review of local CCTV footage from the area where the attack took place – are in hand.”
Anyone with information on the attack is asked to call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 5 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 6 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Hospital worker killed by ex-partner before he committed suicide, court hears