Two arrested over acid attack on Dagenham woman
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been arrested by police officers investigating an acid attack on a young woman in Dagenham.
A 21-year-old woman and a 28-year-old man were both arrested over the weekend on suspicion of being involved in causing grievous bodily harm.
Naomi Oni, 21, was left with severe facial disfigurement after acid was allegedly thrown in her face as she walked along Lodge Avenue, Dagenham, in December last year.
The pretty woman was returning to her home in Bromhall Road, Dagenham, from her job at Victoria Secret’s in Westfield Stratford when the attack took place.
She said she has been too scared to return home since the incident and has spent almost a month in hospital receiving treatment including skin grafts.
You may also want to watch:
Both of those arrested have been bailed pending further enquiries “to establish the full circumstances of the incident”, police said.
The Met confirmed the victim herself has not been arrested.
- 1 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 2 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 7 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 8 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 9 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 10 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
They are now appealing for a potential witness, who got on the Route 368 Bus at Barking railway station and got off at Lodge Avenue at around 12.45am on December 30, to come forward.
He is a black man, about 20 to 30-years-old, 5ft 5in, medium build, wearing a black jacket and a black hooded top with blue jeans.
Officers previously appealed for a man walking a dog and two women seen near the scene to come forward and these three people have now been traced.
Anyone who may have seen the victim in Lodge Avenue or seen anything suspicious around the time of the attack is encouraged to contact Barking & Dagenham CID on 020 3276 1056 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.