Two men arrested in Tomasz Waga murder investigation
- Credit: South Wales Police
Two men have been arrested in connection with the murder of a 23-year-old man in Cardiff.
The body of Tomasz Waga from Dagenham was discovered by a member of the public at about 11.30pm on Thursday, January 28 in the Penylan area of the Welsh capital.
The two men who are aged 29 and 23 have been arrested on suspicion of murder and remain in custody at Cardiff Bay Police Station.
A forensic examination of a flat has continued following the arrests on Monday evening.
Tomasz’s family has been updated and continue to be supported by family liaison officers.
Det Ch Insp Mark O’Shea, who is leading the investigation, said: “These arrests are a significant development, but enquiries are very much ongoing.
“We know Tomasz travelled from the Dagenham area on Thursday to an address [in] Cardiff.
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 3 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 6 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 7 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 10 Man shot in the face in Dagenham
“We believe a disturbance took place at around 10.30pm at this location during which he was assaulted."
An incident room has been set up in Cardiff and the investigation is being led by South Wales Police’s major crime team.
Anybody with information should contact 101 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.