Men from Stratford and Wanstead charged after Dagenham shooting
- Credit: Ken Mears
Men from Stratford and Wanstead have been charged in connection with a shooting in Dagenham.
Darrell Modeste, 29, of Napa Close, Stratford and Christian Paul, 28, of Sunderland Way, Wanstead, were both arrested yesterday (Thursday, October 8) and are due to appear in custody at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today.
Mr Modeste was charged with: possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life; grievous bodily harm with intent; aggravated burglary with intent and two counts of possession of a firearm with intent to commit an indictable offence.
Mr Paul was charged with the same offences as well as possession of a weapon for the discharge of a noxious liquid, gas or electrical incapacitation device.
Police were called shortly after 4am on Tuesday, October 6, to reports of gunshots heard in Reede Road.
You may also want to watch:
A 39-year-old man and a 32-year-old woman were found injured.
The man had suffered a gunshot injury and was taken to hospital, where he remains in a stable condition.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 7 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 8 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 9 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 10 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
The woman was also taken to hospital with minor injuries.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101, quoting reference 781/06OCT.
Call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers_uk.org to report information anonymously.