Two Dagenham teens arrested after car chase down the A12 in Brentwood
- Credit: Archant
Two Dagenham 16-year-olds have been arrested after a high speed chase down the A12 in Brentwood early this morning ended with a footchase involving a police helicopter and dog unit.
Officers from Essex Police, acting on intelligence, signalled a Nissan Micra to pull over on Ongar Road at around 12.55am. It failed to stop and pursuit was then authorised.
A stinger was used but the car then started driving down the A12 in the opposite direction before the four occupants decamped.
Officers slowed oncoming traffic before calling in a helicopter and a police dog, which located the occupants at 1.50am.
A 19-year-old man from Romford and two 16-year-old boys from Dagenham were arrested on suspicion of burglary, possession of drugs and failing to stop for police.
You may also want to watch:
The man and one of the boys currently remains in custody for questioning.
The other boy has been released under investigation.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets
A 17-year-old boy from Clacton was arrested on suspicion of failing to stop and burglary and currently remains in custody for questioning.