Two found guilty of bribery at Barking test centre
A DRIVING instructor and a test examiner who took �1,000 bribes to pass failed candidates at Barking test centre are facing jail today.
Salima Rashid, 49, took money from hapless learners including an ‘atrocious’ driver who had failed four times.
The instructor split the backhanders with a 47-year-old examiner, who cannot be named, who passed some candidates at the centre in Tanner Road without even taking to the road.
A second examiner at the centre, Nick Madigan, 38, also took the bribes and granted licences to learners who could have caused accidents and even death on the roads.
Rashid, of St George’s Avenue, Grays, was convicted by jurors following a three-week trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
Madigan, of Kitkatts Road, Canvey Island, admitted conspiracy to commit bribery before the trial.
Two other instructors, Sofia Rasool, 40, of London Road, Barking and Jasvinder Rai, 36, of Clifford Road, Chafford Hundred, had also been accused of taking �1,000 bribes but were cleared on the judge’s direction due to a lack of evidence.
- 1 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 2 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 3 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 7 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 8 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 9 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 10 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket