Two found guilty of bribery at Barking test centre
A DRIVING instructor and a test examiner who took �1,000 bribes to pass failed candidates at Barking test centre are facing jail today.
Salima Rashid, 49, took money from hapless learners including an ‘atrocious’ driver who had failed four times.
The instructor split the backhanders with a 47-year-old examiner, who cannot be named, who passed some candidates at the centre in Tanner Road without even taking to the road.
A second examiner at the centre, Nick Madigan, 38, also took the bribes and granted licences to learners who could have caused accidents and even death on the roads.
Rashid, of St George’s Avenue, Grays, was convicted by jurors following a three-week trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
Madigan, of Kitkatts Road, Canvey Island, admitted conspiracy to commit bribery before the trial.
Two other instructors, Sofia Rasool, 40, of London Road, Barking and Jasvinder Rai, 36, of Clifford Road, Chafford Hundred, had also been accused of taking �1,000 bribes but were cleared on the judge’s direction due to a lack of evidence.
- 1 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 2 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 3 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 4 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 7 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 8 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham