Two men charged over bottle attack on American student in Whitechapel
Police have charged two more men in connection with a bottle attack on an American student that left him with permanent scarring.
Kamrul Hussain, 22, of Stepney Way, Stepney, was charged with grievous bodily harm (GBH) with intent on Monday, November 25, just 12 days after Shadhat Hussain, 19, of Malmesbury Terrace, Canning Town, was also charged.
The men are accused of being part of a gang of five Asian men who attacked Florida student Francesco Hounye, 22, at 12.20am on Monday, June 17, in Commercial Road, Whitechapel.
Mr Hounye was on his way back to a friend’s house after a night out in Brick Lane at the time. He had arrived in London from Florida just three days before.
Police said they believe he was targeted because he was “obviously not local”, adding that he speaks with an Italian accent and has his own style of dress.
You may also want to watch:
The entire incident was caught on CCTV.
A third man, Shelim Uddin, 20, of Romford Street, Whitechapel, was also charged with GBH with intent on October 25 in connection with the attack.
- 1 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 4 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 5 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 6 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 7 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 8 Barking sign three and continue pre season preparations
- 9 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 10 College student selected as national finalist with pearly king photo series
All three men have been remanded in custody and will appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court for plea and case management hearings.
Kamrul Hussain will appear on Tuesday, December 10. Shadhat Hussain and Uddin will appear on Friday, January 24.