Two men deny murder of ‘leg in lake’ Dagenham dad Neill Buchel
- Credit: Archant
Two men accused with the murder of Dagenham dad-of-two Neill Buchel have this afternoon denied the charge, with a third yet to plead.
Scott Hunt, 41, Mr Buchel’s housemate in Braintree Road, Dagenham, appeared at the Old Bailey alongside Chas Quye, 36, of Stansgate Road, Dagenham, and Elvis Kwiatkowski, 35, of Clopton Close, Royston, Hertfordshire. Hunt and Quye pleaded not guilty.
The pair also denied conspiracy to pervert the course of justice along with Colin Bushaway, 60, of Gregory Crescent, Eltham, and Bradley Andison, 46, of Villa Road, Rochester. Bushaway is also charged with preventing a lawful burial.
Kwiatkowski did not plead on any charges.
South African born Mr Buchel’s dismembered body was found in the lake at Chase Nature Reserve, Dagenham, in April after he had been declared missing a fortnight earlier.
You may also want to watch:
The trial will begin on January 12 at the Old Bailey.
- 1 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 2 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 3 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 4 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 5 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 6 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 7 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 8 Consultation launched on extension of public space order, including alcohol drinking ban
- 9 Matt Robinson set to agree new deal with Dagenham & Redbridge
- 10 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week