Two men deny murder of ‘leg in lake’ Dagenham dad Neill Buchel
- Credit: Archant
Two men accused with the murder of Dagenham dad-of-two Neill Buchel have this afternoon denied the charge, with a third yet to plead.
Scott Hunt, 41, Mr Buchel’s housemate in Braintree Road, Dagenham, appeared at the Old Bailey alongside Chas Quye, 36, of Stansgate Road, Dagenham, and Elvis Kwiatkowski, 35, of Clopton Close, Royston, Hertfordshire. Hunt and Quye pleaded not guilty.
The pair also denied conspiracy to pervert the course of justice along with Colin Bushaway, 60, of Gregory Crescent, Eltham, and Bradley Andison, 46, of Villa Road, Rochester. Bushaway is also charged with preventing a lawful burial.
Kwiatkowski did not plead on any charges.
South African born Mr Buchel’s dismembered body was found in the lake at Chase Nature Reserve, Dagenham, in April after he had been declared missing a fortnight earlier.
You may also want to watch:
The trial will begin on January 12 at the Old Bailey.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Ban on antisocial behaviour around Dagenham Heathway station extended
- 3 Timeline: When false widow spiders have come to east London
- 4 NHS trust to run online consultations on new clinical strategy
- 5 Former Ford apprentices reunite at college - some after nearly five decades
- 6 Ex-footballer, Ford strike leader and Iranian embassy siege cop awarded Barking and Dagenham's highest accolade
- 7 Timeline: Who was Stephen Port and when were his murders uncovered?
- 8 Domestic abuse support hub opens in Barking
- 9 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 10 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'