Two men deny murder of ‘leg in lake’ Dagenham dad Neill Buchel
- Credit: Archant
Two men accused with the murder of Dagenham dad-of-two Neill Buchel have this afternoon denied the charge, with a third yet to plead.
Scott Hunt, 41, Mr Buchel’s housemate in Braintree Road, Dagenham, appeared at the Old Bailey alongside Chas Quye, 36, of Stansgate Road, Dagenham, and Elvis Kwiatkowski, 35, of Clopton Close, Royston, Hertfordshire. Hunt and Quye pleaded not guilty.
The pair also denied conspiracy to pervert the course of justice along with Colin Bushaway, 60, of Gregory Crescent, Eltham, and Bradley Andison, 46, of Villa Road, Rochester. Bushaway is also charged with preventing a lawful burial.
Kwiatkowski did not plead on any charges.
South African born Mr Buchel’s dismembered body was found in the lake at Chase Nature Reserve, Dagenham, in April after he had been declared missing a fortnight earlier.
You may also want to watch:
The trial will begin on January 12 at the Old Bailey.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 6 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils