Two men deny murder of ‘leg in lake’ Dagenham dad Neill Buchel
- Credit: Archant
Two men accused with the murder of Dagenham dad-of-two Neill Buchel have this afternoon denied the charge, with a third yet to plead.
Scott Hunt, 41, Mr Buchel’s housemate in Braintree Road, Dagenham, appeared at the Old Bailey alongside Chas Quye, 36, of Stansgate Road, Dagenham, and Elvis Kwiatkowski, 35, of Clopton Close, Royston, Hertfordshire. Hunt and Quye pleaded not guilty.
The pair also denied conspiracy to pervert the course of justice along with Colin Bushaway, 60, of Gregory Crescent, Eltham, and Bradley Andison, 46, of Villa Road, Rochester. Bushaway is also charged with preventing a lawful burial.
Kwiatkowski did not plead on any charges.
South African born Mr Buchel’s dismembered body was found in the lake at Chase Nature Reserve, Dagenham, in April after he had been declared missing a fortnight earlier.
You may also want to watch:
The trial will begin on January 12 at the Old Bailey.
- 1 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 2 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 3 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 4 Dagenham fight back to seal win over King's Lynn
- 5 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 6 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 7 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 8 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 9 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 10 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion