Two men stabbed in separate attacks just hours apart in Barking and Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Two men were stabbed in separate attacks just hours apart in Barking and Dagenham yesterday (Sunday).
Officers called to reports of knife attacks say the incidents are not related.
The men, both in their 50s, were taken to hospital with injuries described as “not life threatening”, according to a Met Police spokesman.
At 12.40pm police were alerted to a man with a “puncture wound to the back” outside Barking station in Station Parade.
Later, officers were called shortly after 3pm to reports of a stabbing near the Roundhouse pub by Porters Avenue and Lodge Avenue, Dagenham.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from East Area CID are investigating both incidents with no arrests made so far.
Earlier this year the Met said violent crime in the capital was beginning to “stabilise”, even though there were more than 80 killings in the first seven months of the year.
- 1 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets ready to mark St George's Day
- 4 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 7 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
London’s murder rate was then on course for a 28 per cent rise from last year.