Two more arrests in the investigation into Dagenham murder of Ashley Latty
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the murder of 25-year-old Ashley Latty in Dagenham have arrested two more people.
A 25-year-old man was arrested on May 27 on suspicion of murder.
A 24-year-old woman was arrested on the same day on suspicion of assisting an offender.
Both were taken to an east London police station where they remain in custody.
Two men have previously been charged with the murder of Ashley Latty on May 18. Both men appered at the Old Bailey on May 22 and were remanded in custody.
They are Nana Oppong, 34, of no fixed abode and Adam Penny, 23, from Whitechapel.
Officers were called in the early hours of Sunday morning May 18 to reports of someone stabbed outside Unit 1, The Beaver Centre, Selinas Lane, Dagenham.
- 1 McMahon proud of excellent Dagenham & Redbridge win over Wrexham
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 3 Council leader on the borough's future, CPZs and receiving death threats
- 4 Dagenham cat with misshapen eye struggles to find home
- 5 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 6 Dagenham woman to face trial on numerous robbery charges
- 7 Boy, 5, dies after 'unexplained' incident off Heathway
- 8 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Teenager charged with GBH after stabbing in Dagenham
- 10 Man pleads not guilty to unlicensed street trading in Dagenham
Ashley, from Leyton, was taken to hospital but died later the same morning from his injuries.
A post mortem examination confirmed the cause of death was multiple stab wounds.