Two more arrests in the investigation into Dagenham murder of Ashley Latty
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the murder of 25-year-old Ashley Latty in Dagenham have arrested two more people.
A 25-year-old man was arrested on May 27 on suspicion of murder.
A 24-year-old woman was arrested on the same day on suspicion of assisting an offender.
Both were taken to an east London police station where they remain in custody.
Two men have previously been charged with the murder of Ashley Latty on May 18. Both men appered at the Old Bailey on May 22 and were remanded in custody.
You may also want to watch:
They are Nana Oppong, 34, of no fixed abode and Adam Penny, 23, from Whitechapel.
Officers were called in the early hours of Sunday morning May 18 to reports of someone stabbed outside Unit 1, The Beaver Centre, Selinas Lane, Dagenham.
- 1 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 2 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 4 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 5 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 6 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 7 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 8 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 9 Dagenham boss McMahon insists Stockport are the best team in the league on paper
- 10 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
Ashley, from Leyton, was taken to hospital but died later the same morning from his injuries.
A post mortem examination confirmed the cause of death was multiple stab wounds.