Two more arrests in the investigation into Dagenham murder of Ashley Latty
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the murder of 25-year-old Ashley Latty in Dagenham have arrested two more people.
A 25-year-old man was arrested on May 27 on suspicion of murder.
A 24-year-old woman was arrested on the same day on suspicion of assisting an offender.
Both were taken to an east London police station where they remain in custody.
Two men have previously been charged with the murder of Ashley Latty on May 18. Both men appered at the Old Bailey on May 22 and were remanded in custody.
They are Nana Oppong, 34, of no fixed abode and Adam Penny, 23, from Whitechapel.
Officers were called in the early hours of Sunday morning May 18 to reports of someone stabbed outside Unit 1, The Beaver Centre, Selinas Lane, Dagenham.
- 1 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 2 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 3 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 4 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 5 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 6 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 7 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests
- 8 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
- 9 Dagenham hoping to get players back from injury during break
- 10 Dagenham landlord fined for unlawful eviction after secretly changing locks
Ashley, from Leyton, was taken to hospital but died later the same morning from his injuries.
A post mortem examination confirmed the cause of death was multiple stab wounds.