Two people in hospital after stabbing during burglary in Barking
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been stabbed in an aggravated burglary.
The victims were attacked during the raid at around 5am on Wednesday and taken to hospital, police said.
A gun was also found, according to the Metropolitan Police Twitter account @MPSBarkDag.
Their tweet said: “Police are on scene in Farr Avenue, Barking following an aggravated burglary just before 5am.
“Two victims were stabbed during the incident and are currently at an east London hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“A firearm has also been recovered. No arrests have been made and a crime scene remains in place.”
In a second tweet @MPSBarkDag said that a 22-year-old woman and 27-year-old man were stabbed in the hand and arm respectively.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 6 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 7 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Former child refugee who founded Barking women's service up for award
- 10 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
The tweet added: “Conditions not life-threatening. It was reported that a firearm was seen. No shots fired. No arrest as yet.”