Two people in hospital after stabbing during burglary in Barking
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been stabbed in an aggravated burglary.
The victims were attacked during the raid at around 5am on Wednesday and taken to hospital, police said.
A gun was also found, according to the Metropolitan Police Twitter account @MPSBarkDag.
Their tweet said: “Police are on scene in Farr Avenue, Barking following an aggravated burglary just before 5am.
“Two victims were stabbed during the incident and are currently at an east London hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“A firearm has also been recovered. No arrests have been made and a crime scene remains in place.”
In a second tweet @MPSBarkDag said that a 22-year-old woman and 27-year-old man were stabbed in the hand and arm respectively.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 9 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 10 What's on across East London this weekend?
The tweet added: “Conditions not life-threatening. It was reported that a firearm was seen. No shots fired. No arrest as yet.”