Two teenagers charged in connection with Chadwell Heath death of Ricky Hayden
- Credit: Archant
Police have charged two 19-year-old men, one on suspicion of murder, in connection with Ricky Hayden’s death.
Tarrel Hinds, of Manford Cross, Chigwell was charged with the murder and attempted murder of the 27-year-old bouncer from Chadwell Heath yesterday
Kevin Malamba, of Rodney Road, Southwark was also charged yesterday with perverting the course of justice.
Both men will appear in custody at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today.
Another man Tommy Lee Roome, 19, of Rams Grove, Chadwell Heath was charged with murder and appeared at the Old Bailey earlier this month.
He pleaded not guilty and has been remanded in custody until his trial on March 13 next year.
Ricky Hayden was fatally stabbed as he tried to stop the theft of a moped outside his home in Gibbfield Close, Chadwell Heath, in the early hours of September 13.
- 1 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 4 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 5 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 6 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 7 More than 300 homes finished at Beam Park as council leader visits
- 8 Dagenham & Redbridge relishing first friendly says Rance
- 9 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 10 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
His father, Paul, 54, was also injured in the incident.
A 16-year-old teenager who was arrested on September 14 was bailed and subsequently not proceeded with.