Two teenagers charged in connection with Chadwell Heath death of Ricky Hayden
- Credit: Archant
Police have charged two 19-year-old men, one on suspicion of murder, in connection with Ricky Hayden’s death.
Tarrel Hinds, of Manford Cross, Chigwell was charged with the murder and attempted murder of the 27-year-old bouncer from Chadwell Heath yesterday
Kevin Malamba, of Rodney Road, Southwark was also charged yesterday with perverting the course of justice.
Both men will appear in custody at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today.
Another man Tommy Lee Roome, 19, of Rams Grove, Chadwell Heath was charged with murder and appeared at the Old Bailey earlier this month.
You may also want to watch:
He pleaded not guilty and has been remanded in custody until his trial on March 13 next year.
Ricky Hayden was fatally stabbed as he tried to stop the theft of a moped outside his home in Gibbfield Close, Chadwell Heath, in the early hours of September 13.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 3 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 7 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 8 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 9 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 10 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
His father, Paul, 54, was also injured in the incident.
A 16-year-old teenager who was arrested on September 14 was bailed and subsequently not proceeded with.