UPDATE: ‘Drunk’ man arrested on Becontree train tracks in connection with damaged bookies
- Credit: Archant
A “drunk” man who threw rocks at police officers was arrested on suspicion of causing affray and criminal damage on the tracks at Becontree station earlier this morning.
Officers were called to Gale Street at 10.19am, following reports of a man walking along rail tracks.
Police said the man had allegedly caused damage to Coral Bookmakers before making his way to the tracks and walking down the C2C train line between Heathway and Becontree stations.
When officers arrived the lines were deactivated in both directions as a precaution.
The man, who police said “appeared to be drunk”, threw rocks at police when they approached him, before being brought safely to Becontree station platform.
You may also want to watch:
The lines were reactivated and train services resumed half an hour later.
Man charged with attempted murder over stabbing in Nando’s, in the Brewery shopping centre, RomfordHousemate of butchered Dagenham dad-of-two Neill Buchel among three charged with his murderTwo teenagers taken to hospital after two-car collision in Becontree Avenue, Dagenham
- 1 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 2 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 7 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 8 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 9 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 10 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket