UPDATE: ‘Drunk’ man arrested on Becontree train tracks in connection with damaged bookies
- Credit: Archant
A “drunk” man who threw rocks at police officers was arrested on suspicion of causing affray and criminal damage on the tracks at Becontree station earlier this morning.
Officers were called to Gale Street at 10.19am, following reports of a man walking along rail tracks.
Police said the man had allegedly caused damage to Coral Bookmakers before making his way to the tracks and walking down the C2C train line between Heathway and Becontree stations.
When officers arrived the lines were deactivated in both directions as a precaution.
The man, who police said “appeared to be drunk”, threw rocks at police when they approached him, before being brought safely to Becontree station platform.
You may also want to watch:
The lines were reactivated and train services resumed half an hour later.
Man charged with attempted murder over stabbing in Nando’s, in the Brewery shopping centre, RomfordHousemate of butchered Dagenham dad-of-two Neill Buchel among three charged with his murderTwo teenagers taken to hospital after two-car collision in Becontree Avenue, Dagenham
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 3 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 6 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 9 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 10 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers