UPDATE: ‘Drunk’ man arrested on Becontree train tracks in connection with damaged bookies
- Credit: Archant
A “drunk” man who threw rocks at police officers was arrested on suspicion of causing affray and criminal damage on the tracks at Becontree station earlier this morning.
Officers were called to Gale Street at 10.19am, following reports of a man walking along rail tracks.
Police said the man had allegedly caused damage to Coral Bookmakers before making his way to the tracks and walking down the C2C train line between Heathway and Becontree stations.
When officers arrived the lines were deactivated in both directions as a precaution.
The man, who police said “appeared to be drunk”, threw rocks at police when they approached him, before being brought safely to Becontree station platform.
You may also want to watch:
The lines were reactivated and train services resumed half an hour later.
Man charged with attempted murder over stabbing in Nando’s, in the Brewery shopping centre, RomfordHousemate of butchered Dagenham dad-of-two Neill Buchel among three charged with his murderTwo teenagers taken to hospital after two-car collision in Becontree Avenue, Dagenham
- 1 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 2 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 3 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 6 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 7 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 8 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election