UPDATE: Isle of Sheppey murder victim identified as Dagenham man Gary Pocock
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating a murder on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent have named the victim as 34-year-old Gary Pocock from Dagenham.
His body was discovered early on Wednesday morning on a beach and a post-mortem examination concluded that he died of severe head injuries.
Police are currently questioning a 29-year-old man from London who was arrested yesterday evening.
A 44-year-old man and a 43-year-old woman were arrested on Friday morning in connection with the murder but were later released from custody without charge.
Forensic officers searched a house in Lillechurch Road, Dagenham, where Mr Pocock lived, yesterday and police cordoned off the area.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD 070167 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 2 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 4 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 5 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 6 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 7 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 8 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 9 Dagenham boss McMahon insists Stockport are the best team in the league on paper
- 10 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week