UPDATE: Isle of Sheppey murder victim identified as Dagenham man Gary Pocock
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating a murder on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent have named the victim as 34-year-old Gary Pocock from Dagenham.
His body was discovered early on Wednesday morning on a beach and a post-mortem examination concluded that he died of severe head injuries.
Police are currently questioning a 29-year-old man from London who was arrested yesterday evening.
A 44-year-old man and a 43-year-old woman were arrested on Friday morning in connection with the murder but were later released from custody without charge.
Forensic officers searched a house in Lillechurch Road, Dagenham, where Mr Pocock lived, yesterday and police cordoned off the area.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD 070167 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 5 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 East London police officer charged with rape
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Dog walker recalls finding victims in churchyard
- 8 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 9 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 10 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.