UPDATE: Isle of Sheppey murder victim identified as Dagenham man Gary Pocock
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating a murder on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent have named the victim as 34-year-old Gary Pocock from Dagenham.
His body was discovered early on Wednesday morning on a beach and a post-mortem examination concluded that he died of severe head injuries.
Police are currently questioning a 29-year-old man from London who was arrested yesterday evening.
A 44-year-old man and a 43-year-old woman were arrested on Friday morning in connection with the murder but were later released from custody without charge.
Forensic officers searched a house in Lillechurch Road, Dagenham, where Mr Pocock lived, yesterday and police cordoned off the area.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD 070167 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 3 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 4 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 5 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 10 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds