UPDATE: Isle of Sheppey murder victim identified as Dagenham man Gary Pocock
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating a murder on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent have named the victim as 34-year-old Gary Pocock from Dagenham.
His body was discovered early on Wednesday morning on a beach and a post-mortem examination concluded that he died of severe head injuries.
Police are currently questioning a 29-year-old man from London who was arrested yesterday evening.
A 44-year-old man and a 43-year-old woman were arrested on Friday morning in connection with the murder but were later released from custody without charge.
Forensic officers searched a house in Lillechurch Road, Dagenham, where Mr Pocock lived, yesterday and police cordoned off the area.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD 070167 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 3 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 4 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 5 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer