Update: Man bailed following New Year’s Day murder
Police have arrested a 22-year-old man on suspicion of murder after a Dagenham man was shot dead in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
Police have bailed a 22-year-old man after a party-goer was shot dead in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
Aaron McKoy was killed in Clerkenwell while celebrating his 22nd birthday.
Initial reports indicated Aaron was from Dagenham but police said today he lived in Hackney.
Mr McKoy had been at the Clerkenwell House Wine Bar in Hatton Wall in the early hours of January 1 before he was killed, the Met said.
You may also want to watch:
A man arrested on January 2 on suspicion of murder has today been bailed to March pending further inquiries. Another man arrested on January 1 has been released without charge.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils