Update: Man bailed following New Year’s Day murder
Police have arrested a 22-year-old man on suspicion of murder after a Dagenham man was shot dead in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
Police have bailed a 22-year-old man after a party-goer was shot dead in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
Aaron McKoy was killed in Clerkenwell while celebrating his 22nd birthday.
Initial reports indicated Aaron was from Dagenham but police said today he lived in Hackney.
Mr McKoy had been at the Clerkenwell House Wine Bar in Hatton Wall in the early hours of January 1 before he was killed, the Met said.
You may also want to watch:
A man arrested on January 2 on suspicion of murder has today been bailed to March pending further inquiries. Another man arrested on January 1 has been released without charge.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 4 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote