Update: Man bailed following New Year’s Day murder
Police have arrested a 22-year-old man on suspicion of murder after a Dagenham man was shot dead in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
Police have bailed a 22-year-old man after a party-goer was shot dead in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
Aaron McKoy was killed in Clerkenwell while celebrating his 22nd birthday.
Initial reports indicated Aaron was from Dagenham but police said today he lived in Hackney.
Mr McKoy had been at the Clerkenwell House Wine Bar in Hatton Wall in the early hours of January 1 before he was killed, the Met said.
You may also want to watch:
A man arrested on January 2 on suspicion of murder has today been bailed to March pending further inquiries. Another man arrested on January 1 has been released without charge.
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 5 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 6 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 7 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 8 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 9 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 10 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital