UPDATE: Two bailed over shooting of Dagenham man
Two men have been released on police bail following the shooting of a Dagenham man in Romford on Friday.
The teenagers aged 16 and 18 were arrested at addresses in Dagenham yesterday and taken to east London police stations.
The 26-year-old man, who has not been named, was shot three times in the leg outside Liquid and Envy nightclub after being approached by a man armed with a handgun from an adjacent car park.
He is currently in an east London hospital and has had surgery to remove one of the bullets.
Operation trident detectives say the suspect made off along Exchange Street away from the club.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as wearing a white or light grey hooded top with a small black motif on the left breast. He wore black trousers and black shoes and carried a black handgun.
We have no information on age or ethnicity at this stage.
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 4 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 5 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 6 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 Stephen Port inquests: Detective apologises to families for mistakes
- 9 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 10 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
DetInsp Scott Cowan, from Trident, said: “We are appealing for any witnesses who saw anyone hanging around the area or acting suspiciously before or after the shooting.”
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call police on 020 7230 9831 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.