UPDATE: Two bailed over shooting of Dagenham man
Two men have been released on police bail following the shooting of a Dagenham man in Romford on Friday.
The teenagers aged 16 and 18 were arrested at addresses in Dagenham yesterday and taken to east London police stations.
The 26-year-old man, who has not been named, was shot three times in the leg outside Liquid and Envy nightclub after being approached by a man armed with a handgun from an adjacent car park.
He is currently in an east London hospital and has had surgery to remove one of the bullets.
Operation trident detectives say the suspect made off along Exchange Street away from the club.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as wearing a white or light grey hooded top with a small black motif on the left breast. He wore black trousers and black shoes and carried a black handgun.
We have no information on age or ethnicity at this stage.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 5 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 8 Dagenham restaurant excited to celebrate return of diners 'safely together'
- 9 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 10 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
DetInsp Scott Cowan, from Trident, said: “We are appealing for any witnesses who saw anyone hanging around the area or acting suspiciously before or after the shooting.”
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call police on 020 7230 9831 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.