UPDATE: Two bailed over shooting of Dagenham man
Two men have been released on police bail following the shooting of a Dagenham man in Romford on Friday.
The teenagers aged 16 and 18 were arrested at addresses in Dagenham yesterday and taken to east London police stations.
The 26-year-old man, who has not been named, was shot three times in the leg outside Liquid and Envy nightclub after being approached by a man armed with a handgun from an adjacent car park.
He is currently in an east London hospital and has had surgery to remove one of the bullets.
Operation trident detectives say the suspect made off along Exchange Street away from the club.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as wearing a white or light grey hooded top with a small black motif on the left breast. He wore black trousers and black shoes and carried a black handgun.
We have no information on age or ethnicity at this stage.
- 1 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 3 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 4 Mum plans 30-mile walk to Barking Station to raise money to help son take first steps
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 7 London boroughs with fastest and slowest wage growth revealed
- 8 Barking and Dagenham racks up most blue badge-related fines, study shows
- 9 Admissions open for new Barking school
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
DetInsp Scott Cowan, from Trident, said: “We are appealing for any witnesses who saw anyone hanging around the area or acting suspiciously before or after the shooting.”
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call police on 020 7230 9831 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.