Update: Woman, 30, died from stab wounds in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A 30-year-old woman whose body was found in Dagenham died from multiple stab wounds.
Police and ambulance services were called Baden Powell Close at 7pm on Monday, where the woman was pronounced dead.
A post-mortem showed she died from multiple stab wounds, police revealed today.
A 35-year-old man was arrested yesterday on suspicion of murder and remains in custody at an east London police station.
Residents in the street reacted with disbelief at the news.
Next-door neighbour Tom John, a barrister, said a young woman called Denesha lived in the terraced house with a child aged about five, a man believed to be her partner, and an older couple.
“The younger woman was friendly and approachable, and would often say hello. I went to her birthday party a few years ago, but don’t know the family that well,” he told the Post.
- 1 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 2 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 6 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 7 Zouma brothers to face the courts amid animal abuse allegations
- 8 'Beautiful skin and incredible smile': What happened when the Queen visited a Dagenham school
- 9 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 10 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
Another neighbour, who did not want to be named, said: “My son told me he thought there had been a murder but I didn’t believe him. I’m shocked, it is so sad – such a terrible thing to happen.
“I don’t know the family but they seem like very respectable people. I know there is a couple in their fifties and I think they have grown-up children. They are a church-going family.”