Update: Woman, 30, died from stab wounds in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A 30-year-old woman whose body was found in Dagenham died from multiple stab wounds.
Police and ambulance services were called Baden Powell Close at 7pm on Monday, where the woman was pronounced dead.
A post-mortem showed she died from multiple stab wounds, police revealed today.
A 35-year-old man was arrested yesterday on suspicion of murder and remains in custody at an east London police station.
Residents in the street reacted with disbelief at the news.
You may also want to watch:
Next-door neighbour Tom John, a barrister, said a young woman called Denesha lived in the terraced house with a child aged about five, a man believed to be her partner, and an older couple.
“The younger woman was friendly and approachable, and would often say hello. I went to her birthday party a few years ago, but don’t know the family that well,” he told the Post.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 4 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 9 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 10 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
Another neighbour, who did not want to be named, said: “My son told me he thought there had been a murder but I didn’t believe him. I’m shocked, it is so sad – such a terrible thing to happen.
“I don’t know the family but they seem like very respectable people. I know there is a couple in their fifties and I think they have grown-up children. They are a church-going family.”