Upney station reopens following earlier alleged assault
- Credit: Archant
Upney station on the District Line has reopened following an alleged assault there this afternoon.
Officers from British Transport Police (BTP) were called at 2.08pm following reports of a fight in the station.
Upon arrival, they treated a man for minor lacerations. He received further treatment by attending paramedics.
An investigation is underway to determine what happened. The station was closed temporarily while specialist crime scene officers collected available evidence.
At this time, it is believed the men involved in the fight are known to each other.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should text BTP at 61016 or call 0800 40 50 40, quoting reference 273 of 20/01.
Passengers are advised to check with TFL about available alternative routes.
- 1 Elderly woman dies after van collision in Dagenham
- 2 More than 150 attend official opening of 'fabulous' pocket park in Barking
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 6 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 7 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 8 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 9 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 10 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham