Upney station reopens following earlier alleged assault
- Credit: Archant
Upney station on the District Line has reopened following an alleged assault there this afternoon.
Officers from British Transport Police (BTP) were called at 2.08pm following reports of a fight in the station.
Upon arrival, they treated a man for minor lacerations. He received further treatment by attending paramedics.
An investigation is underway to determine what happened. The station was closed temporarily while specialist crime scene officers collected available evidence.
At this time, it is believed the men involved in the fight are known to each other.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should text BTP at 61016 or call 0800 40 50 40, quoting reference 273 of 20/01.
Passengers are advised to check with TFL about available alternative routes.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets