Man spotted dangling from crane in Barking town centre
- Credit: Archant
Shocked witnesses spotted a man dangling off a crane in Barking yesterday.
Hundreds of people spotted the man at the 360 Barking development at around 7.45pm.
A witness who did not want to be named said: “There were easily 300 people there who all saw the same thing – there were legs hanging off the crane kicking, then they just stopped and it was swinging slowy and weirdly up there.
“A helicopter was going around it and the crane was moved. The crane was turned off, then later everything came on as if people went up there.
“When I came home the crane had been lit up and moved, but whatever was there isn’t now.”
You may also want to watch:
Police who were called to the scene spoke to the man who said he was an ‘urban explorer’ who explores man-made structures like skycrapers or sewers.
A spokesman from the Met Police said: “He claimed he was an urban explorer, items on his person would suggest this is the case.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs
“He climbed down and was detained and is coming into a police station for an interview.”
Do you know who this urban explorer is? Contact the newsteam on 020 8433 3789 or email email@example.com.