Van crashes in Dagenham street
A resident has spoken of an “almighty bang” after a van crashed in a Dagenham street.
The white Vauxhall van crashed in Leonard Avenue just after midnight on Friday (October 26.)
A police helicopter was called to locate the driver.
Adam Magson, 29, who lives in Leonard Avenue, told the Post: “I was on the internet when I heard an almighty bang. I then heard police cars outside.
“I thought there had been a gas explosion as there had been a leak earlier in the week but it was van that had crashed. Later there was a police helicopter flying around.”
You may also want to watch:
A man was later arrested for dangerous driving and failure to stop after an accident.
- 1 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 2 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 5 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 6 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 7 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 8 Council admits there is a 'long way to go' before 'cracking' the virus
- 9 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 10 Drug and alcohol abuse by Barking and Dagenham parents and children soars