Van will display images of Barking and Dagenham riot suspects
CCTV images of those wanted in connection with last month’s London-wide riots will be displayed on a van parked in key spots in Barking and Dagenham.
The advertising vans will flash photos of individuals who police believed are linked to disorder in the borough on August 8 and 9, which included looting of Barking stores, JD Sports and Vodafone.
The van will be placed in Barking Town Centre next Tuesday and at other key spots around the borough throughout the rest of September.
Police Borough Commander Matt Bell said: “I would like to reassure the community that the police will never stop looking for those who committed these crimes.
“If a warrant is issued for someone it will follow them around until they are finally forced to face the consequences. The smart move would be to approach the police now and take the first step toward putting this behind them.”
You may also want to watch:
The number to call if you can identify any of the suspects is 0203 276 1117.
- 1 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 2 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 3 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 4 Dagenham fight back to seal win over King's Lynn
- 5 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 6 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 7 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 8 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 9 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 10 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion