Van will display images of Barking and Dagenham riot suspects
CCTV images of those wanted in connection with last month’s London-wide riots will be displayed on a van parked in key spots in Barking and Dagenham.
The advertising vans will flash photos of individuals who police believed are linked to disorder in the borough on August 8 and 9, which included looting of Barking stores, JD Sports and Vodafone.
The van will be placed in Barking Town Centre next Tuesday and at other key spots around the borough throughout the rest of September.
Police Borough Commander Matt Bell said: “I would like to reassure the community that the police will never stop looking for those who committed these crimes.
“If a warrant is issued for someone it will follow them around until they are finally forced to face the consequences. The smart move would be to approach the police now and take the first step toward putting this behind them.”
You may also want to watch:
The number to call if you can identify any of the suspects is 0203 276 1117.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 4 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 7 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 8 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 9 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 10 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed