Van will display images of Barking and Dagenham riot suspects
CCTV images of those wanted in connection with last month’s London-wide riots will be displayed on a van parked in key spots in Barking and Dagenham.
The advertising vans will flash photos of individuals who police believed are linked to disorder in the borough on August 8 and 9, which included looting of Barking stores, JD Sports and Vodafone.
The van will be placed in Barking Town Centre next Tuesday and at other key spots around the borough throughout the rest of September.
Police Borough Commander Matt Bell said: “I would like to reassure the community that the police will never stop looking for those who committed these crimes.
“If a warrant is issued for someone it will follow them around until they are finally forced to face the consequences. The smart move would be to approach the police now and take the first step toward putting this behind them.”
You may also want to watch:
The number to call if you can identify any of the suspects is 0203 276 1117.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs