Van will display images of Barking and Dagenham riot suspects
CCTV images of those wanted in connection with last month’s London-wide riots will be displayed on a van parked in key spots in Barking and Dagenham.
The advertising vans will flash photos of individuals who police believed are linked to disorder in the borough on August 8 and 9, which included looting of Barking stores, JD Sports and Vodafone.
The van will be placed in Barking Town Centre next Tuesday and at other key spots around the borough throughout the rest of September.
Police Borough Commander Matt Bell said: “I would like to reassure the community that the police will never stop looking for those who committed these crimes.
“If a warrant is issued for someone it will follow them around until they are finally forced to face the consequences. The smart move would be to approach the police now and take the first step toward putting this behind them.”
You may also want to watch:
The number to call if you can identify any of the suspects is 0203 276 1117.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 6 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils