Video: Barking and Dagenham motorbike gang ambush 58-year-old in Ilford
- Credit: Met Police
This is the moment a 58-year-old man was ambushed in by a motorbike gang believed to have committed seven thefts in two days in the borough.
The victim was driving on Roden Street in Ilford when he was surrounded by seven suspects on four mopeds.
Captured on helmet camera, the video shows the man being attacked with a fire extinguisher.
He then falls to the floor and the terrorising teens then attempted to steal his motorcycle in the attack at about 3.15pm on Tuesday, April 18.
After an unsuccessful attempt, the youths then fled the scene
You may also want to watch:
Detectives investigating a spate of “moped-enabled” thefts said there were seven moped-enabled offences in Barking and Dagenham from Monday, April 17, to Tuesday, April 18.
They believe the attacks were carried out by the same group of people and are appealing for members of the public to come forward if they know anything.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 7 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 8 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 9 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 10 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
Det Sgt Dean Grafton, from the East Area Command Unit based in Ilford, said: “We are appealing for any information as to the identity and whereabouts of this gang that are clearly targeting motorcyclists in the east London area.
“They are often seen in pairs on mopeds or scooters and with a fire extinguisher to distract their victim with a view to stealing the motorbikes.
“If anyone has recorded video footage of the group, please can they contact us.”
Three teenagers were arrested and subsequently released under investigation and inquiries continue.
Any witnesses or anyone who has any information is urged to contact the investigation team on 07766 247747, or via 101, or by tweeting @MetCC
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org