‘Violent and aggressive’ man with knife tasered inside Barking supermarket
- Credit: Archant
Police officers tasered a “violent and aggressive” man armed with a five inch knife inside a supermarket.
They were called to the Tesco Extra store on Highbridge Road, Barking, at around 12.30pm yesterday to find the man, aged 50, had already been locked in a detention room by security staff.
He was still armed with the knife and had smashed the security glass in the door, injuring himself slightly, in an attempt to escape.
As he still had the knife, and officers did not know if he had any other weapons on him, he was tasered and quickly handcuffed.
The man, a Romanian national, was then arrested for being in possession of a pointed and bladed article and for causing criminal damage.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to hospital for treatment for a head injury then to an east London police station where he remains in custody.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters