Warren School pupil in critical condition after bus accident
A 14-year-old boy remains in a critical but stable condition in hospital after colliding with a bus outside his school.
It is thought the Warren School pupil was crossing the road when the accident happened in Whalebone Lane North, Chadwell Heath at 3.30pm on Monday.
He was taken by air ambulance to Royal London Hospital suffering from a serious head injury.
His condition was described as critical but stable today.
A woman who lives near the school described hearing a “loud bang followed by girls screaming”.
“That’s when we came outside. There were teachers there and the ambulance arrived soon after,” she added.
A newsagent employee said the boy had been with his sister and was crossing the road at the traffic lights when the collision happened.
- 1 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 2 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 3 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 4 More than 300 homes finished at Beam Park as council leader visits
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 6 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 7 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 8 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 9 Rainham and Dagenham MP calls for delay to ULEZ expansion
- 10 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
A police spokesperson told the Post: “At 3.30pm on November 15 police were called to the scene of a road traffic incident in Whalebone Lane North where a 14-year-old boy had collided with a route 62 bus. The child sustained a serious head injury and was conveyed to Royal London Hospital by air ambulance where his condition remains critical but stable.”
Barking and Dagenham Council confirmed the victim is a pupil at Warren Comprehensive School.
A spokeswoman said: “We are liaising with the school and our thoughts are with the student and their family at this time.”