Witness appeal after boy, eight, robbed of bike in Barking park
- Credit: Google Maps
Police believe three boys, one aged just eight, were robbed by the same people within the space of an hour yesterday afternoon.
Officers were called to Newlands Park, off Roxwell Road, Barking, at around 4pm, by the parents of an eight-year-old boy who was robbed of his bike.
Shortly before 5pm, police were also called to Gale Street, Dagenham, to reports of two young boys being robbed at knifepoint.
One of the two suspects was riding a silver/grey mountain bike, which is believed to be the same bike stolen from the eight-year-old.
Police believe the same suspects are responsible for both robberies and have appealed for witnesses to come forward.
They are described as black males, in their late teens or early 20s, and of slim build.
Both were wearing black clothing.
- 1 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 2 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 6 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 7 Zouma brothers to face the courts amid animal abuse allegations
- 8 'Beautiful skin and incredible smile': What happened when the Queen visited a Dagenham school
- 9 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 10 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
Anyone who was in the area and may have seen either the suspects or what happened is asked to call 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.