Witness appeal after boy, eight, robbed of bike in Barking park
- Credit: Google Maps
Police believe three boys, one aged just eight, were robbed by the same people within the space of an hour yesterday afternoon.
Officers were called to Newlands Park, off Roxwell Road, Barking, at around 4pm, by the parents of an eight-year-old boy who was robbed of his bike.
Shortly before 5pm, police were also called to Gale Street, Dagenham, to reports of two young boys being robbed at knifepoint.
One of the two suspects was riding a silver/grey mountain bike, which is believed to be the same bike stolen from the eight-year-old.
Police believe the same suspects are responsible for both robberies and have appealed for witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
They are described as black males, in their late teens or early 20s, and of slim build.
Both were wearing black clothing.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 5 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 College student selected as national finalist with pearly king photo series
- 8 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 9 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 10 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
Anyone who was in the area and may have seen either the suspects or what happened is asked to call 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.