Witness appeal after boy, eight, robbed of bike in Barking park
- Credit: Google Maps
Police believe three boys, one aged just eight, were robbed by the same people within the space of an hour yesterday afternoon.
Officers were called to Newlands Park, off Roxwell Road, Barking, at around 4pm, by the parents of an eight-year-old boy who was robbed of his bike.
Shortly before 5pm, police were also called to Gale Street, Dagenham, to reports of two young boys being robbed at knifepoint.
One of the two suspects was riding a silver/grey mountain bike, which is believed to be the same bike stolen from the eight-year-old.
Police believe the same suspects are responsible for both robberies and have appealed for witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
They are described as black males, in their late teens or early 20s, and of slim build.
Both were wearing black clothing.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 6 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
Anyone who was in the area and may have seen either the suspects or what happened is asked to call 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.