Witness appeal after boy, eight, robbed of bike in Barking park
- Credit: Google Maps
Police believe three boys, one aged just eight, were robbed by the same people within the space of an hour yesterday afternoon.
Officers were called to Newlands Park, off Roxwell Road, Barking, at around 4pm, by the parents of an eight-year-old boy who was robbed of his bike.
Shortly before 5pm, police were also called to Gale Street, Dagenham, to reports of two young boys being robbed at knifepoint.
One of the two suspects was riding a silver/grey mountain bike, which is believed to be the same bike stolen from the eight-year-old.
Police believe the same suspects are responsible for both robberies and have appealed for witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
They are described as black males, in their late teens or early 20s, and of slim build.
Both were wearing black clothing.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 9 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 10 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
Anyone who was in the area and may have seen either the suspects or what happened is asked to call 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.